• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 02:34:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176

The Beast

Started by LizStreithorst, August 04, 2015, 02:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on August 12, 2015, 07:06:08 PM
Since the fuel tank from these years are crap 1999-2010 I would ask your chip friend if he could find out if a newer one would fit in your truck. Then if they do I would hit the junk yards up for the 2011-2015 price and maybe find one there . You know maybe the junk yard has a van with the repaired one in it. Won't hurt to ask and call around.

'bone yards' can be your friend.....gone out many a time looking for a part....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Chip doesn't do diesel work, he has just seen the problem before.  I'm taking The beast to my really good diesel man.

Watch the video I posted.  If I get a Ford one new it will cost around around $1500 plus installation and it will have the same problem.  One from the junk yard will have the same problem that will turn up sooner.   Options on buying an after market  plastic one and skid plates or an aluminium one will cost even more.  I'm doing the right thing.  Plus my diesel man will blow out the lines, check the fuel pressure and take a filter apart that may live in the tank (I'm not sure.  I saw a video but the audio wasn't good) and pry it apart and clean the screens in it that I'm sure have plugged up.  I have read that if you drive around with low fuel pressure it will hurt your injectors.

I trust this diesel man.  He has always done an excellent job for me and doesn't rip me off.  He always drives me back to the shop, too.  He's the right man for the job.  I like and trust him and he likes me, and that's that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2015, 07:25:57 PM
Chip doesn't do diesel work, he has just seen the problem before.  I'm taking The beast to my really good diesel man.

Watch the video I posted.  If I get a Ford one new it will cost around around $1500 plus installation and it will have the same problem.  One from the junk yard will have the same problem that will turn up sooner.   Options on buying an after market  plastic one and skid plates or an aluminium one will cost even more.  I'm doing the right thing.  Plus my diesel man will blow out the lines, check the fuel pressure and take a filter apart that may live in the tank (I'm not sure.  I saw a video but the audio wasn't good) and pry it apart and clean the screens in it that I'm sure have plugged up.  I have read that if you drive around with low fuel pressure it will hurt your injectors.

I trust this diesel man.  He has always done an excellent job for me and doesn't rip me off.  He always drives me back to the shop, too.  He's the right man for the job.  I like and trust him and he likes me, and that's that.

...then he's da man to go with.......yup..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Another thing in his favor, it turns out that my carpenter who sold me my lovely Charlotte and is a good man who does good work knows him, and says he's a good man.  A good man saying that another man is good is a big compliment.
Always move forward. Never look back.