• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

The Beast

Started by LizStreithorst, August 04, 2015, 02:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

w!w  Thanks.  good stuff ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

Ron Sower

Well...this thread sure took a turn...!  8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 07, 2015, 01:44:17 AM

a 'twist' you mean, right?  w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 07, 2015, 05:11:22 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 07, 2015, 01:44:17 AM

a 'twist' you mean, right?  w!w
I guess I did..!  + ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Beast update...I left for work early in case he had problems again and I had to creep in at 15mph.  He started to get funny on me, but I cut off the AC (it makes a difference!) and he got fine again. 

He's with BJ now.  He's going to replace the filter again and drain the fuel that's left in it.  He agreed that I put in a bottle of injector cleaner the next couple of times I fuel up.

GeorgeG

Liz the best injector cleaner I have found is from SeaFoam and you can get it at Wally World for around $7.00. I use it twice a year in my truck and car. I also use their product to clean my engine before a oil change twice a year also.

LizStreithorst

Thanks, George.  I'll pick up a bottle for Charlotte, too.

LizStreithorst

The Beast seems healthy again.  the guy didn't drain the fuel tank :(  I wish he had.  He told me to take him home and run him until he got low on fuel, then fill him up and add the injector cleaner for the next two fill ups.  At least all the bad crap will settle to the bottom while he sits running at home.  From now on I'll fill him up when the tank gets down to 1/4 full so the crap stays on the bottom.    I found George's SeaFoam at the local Auto Zone.  It was $11.00 a bottle but on special for buy one get one at half price.  I bought 4 bottles, one is for Charlotte.  Now I just need to look up The Beast's fuel tank capacity.  I'm sure he has a huge tank because he's such a big guy.  He may take 2 bottles of SeaFoam per fill up.  I'll find out.

GeorgeG

The cost at AutoZone and Napa is twice the cost of Wally's that is why I said go there but if they gave you a discount it is good stuff to use.

Think about it Liz when the crap settles to the bottom do you really think it is going to sit there when you fill it up. Nope as soon as you dump fuel in the tank it will stir it up again. Best thing to do is change the fuel filters on a regular basis they are cheaper than new injectors. I never buy gas at the gas station when they are filling up those big underground tanks because that 6 inch hose dumps a lot of gas real quick into those tanks and stirs up any stuff that may be on the bottom. I go somewhere else or wait until the next day to fill up.

LizStreithorst

I prefer to shop in the tiny town where I work.  I like supporting my local businesses and and driving to Wally's is a pain.  I've been running the beast since I got home and he has refused to get so low on fuel for me to have him filled back up.  Still too much for me to stir up all the crap on the bottom of the tank and drive 12 miles up and down hills to work.  I'll take Charlotte to work in the morning.

LizStreithorst

big b

Aww sorry about your truck lets hope it can be saved.

LizStreithorst

I know that y'all are as sick and tired of me talking about The Beast as I am...I was headed to the post office in town.  My horse was on my road so I stepped on the brake so I wouldn't hit her in the butt.  He didn't want to stop.  I stomped on the brake and make him stop.  It made a noise that I can't type the sound of.  I went on down my own dirt road testing the brakes and it did the same thing 3 more times.  Then problem seemed to go away but my ABS light came on.

I drove to town, testing the brakes all along the way.  I drove straight to Chip's and told him what was up.  He told me to bring it in Wed. and he would diagnose it.  I told Chip that I was thinking that I was thinking of selling The Beast.  I told him about them having to replace my fuel filter after just 2 days and what I'd read about the fuel tank he has.  Chip actually finished my sentence.  I said "The coating they put on the inside of the tank"  and he said "flakes off".  I should have asked him how he knew but I didn't.

I think that I'll  w!w and think about how to proceed.

Mugwump

I see severe heat warnings for down your way......time to kick the air on......be careful.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson