• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 291
Total: 292

Tampa Bay flooding....

Started by Mugwump, August 03, 2015, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

GraphicGr8s

Yeah I know they're illegal to keep. And since I may be going for my aquaculture permit in Jan I wouldn't keep it anyway.

My aunt and uncle used to have them on their farm in the 70's though. I remember her telling me about them in the early 80's. That and a bunch of other "illegals" they had permits for. My uncle would forget to carry them and have my aunt bring them down to the police station.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

If I was you I would keep them in my tank anyway. If I was found out I would say "they are in a holding tank to eat later" but later never comes :).

Ron Sower

Quote from: big b on August 05, 2015, 04:06:33 PM
If I was you I would keep them in my tank anyway. If I was found out I would say "they are in a holding tank to eat later" but later never comes :).

I think we're going to have to look after this feller! Keep a reserve of bail money for him...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 05:21:59 PM

I think we're going to have to look after this feller! Keep a reserve of bail money for him...!

LOL.... ;D....he'd be released to his parents...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 05, 2015, 05:39:34 PM

What about it, BB? Will they post bail and take you back in? 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

Aww no they wouldn't they would let me learn my lesson. It may seem cruel but I know they love me :). Haha I can only imagine it, "Mom, Dad, I'm in jail for keeping a fish, can you pay my bail?" "We love you very much but no! This is a good learning opportunity for you"

PaulineMi

Quote from: big b on August 05, 2015, 09:31:16 PM
Aww no they wouldn't they would let me learn my lesson. It may seem cruel but I know they love me :). Haha I can only imagine it, "Mom, Dad, I'm in jail for keeping a fish, can you pay my bail?" "We love you very much but no! This is a good learning opportunity for you"

Excellent way for them to handle it and that you know and respect it.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

big b

Yeah I respect my parents, everything they do is to help benefit my growth and I love them for that. :)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 06, 2015, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: big b on August 05, 2015, 09:31:16 PM

Excellent way for them to handle it and that you know and respect it.  :)

I don't want to put a downer on this, but have to say that I used to feel the same as you think your parents feel, BB. When raising my kids. I told them I'd come get them any where, any time, except if in jail for drinking and driving. Then they could stay overnight and learn their lesson. Never had to do that. They were good kids like you seem to be. However, I did hear about a kid whose parents didn't come bail him out and he was treated very roughly and inhumane by the other incarcerates because he was so young that he committed suicide. I can't remember if it was while in jail or when he got out.  The parents are the one that learned the lesson. A very sad one at that!

I guess if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't put that condition on coming to help them.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I would imagine that you would have went to get them Ron if it came to that regardless of what you told them beforehand.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Well it seems as though one house was flooded on my street. Saw the mattresses etc out of the house.

The Anclote, while still above flood stage is receding. Most other areas seem to be OK but the damage is done.

Even if doesn't rain the rest of the year we are almost 21" above our average ANNUAL rainfall.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 06, 2015, 01:23:29 PM
I would imagine that you would have went to get them Ron if it came to that regardless of what you told them beforehand.

Dennis

You are right!  ;) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 05, 2015, 05:39:34 PM

What about it, BB? Will they post bail and take you back in?
Actually there is another reason that they would leave me, they would have to sell the house to get the money to bail me out.