• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 274
Total: 274

WC

Started by LizStreithorst, July 28, 2015, 09:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I usually change around 250 gallons a day.  Sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less.  The fish like it and WC generally makes me feel good.  Today I was in a rotten mood and I changed 400 gallons.  I know that he fish liked it but this time it made me feel no better.  I'm still in a rotten mood.  I hate going to bed feeling this way but I have no choice. I'll feel better when I go to work.  Work never fails to make me feel better.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I love my part time job.

Barb

Liz, I hope today will be much better for you.  Hang in there.
Barb :)

Mugwump

Hope all's better this morn'n, Liz..... 8).....have a great day !!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Hope you feel better this morning Liz. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

How's it going now, Liz?

Good work makes me feel good too. It's not really work when you like it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

ilroost

Glad work makes you feel better. Not so much here. lol

big b

Ha same here. Water changes are more of a chore then a pleasure. But I do enjoy my fish.

LizStreithorst

WC is easy for me and the fish enjoy it so I feel that I've done a good deed which makes me feel good.   My real job is grooming dogs.  It gives me great satisfaction getting the best look for a dog while following the owner's desires.  Today I did 2 fun ones.  One lady has a little mixed breed dog that resembles a Cairn terrier.  I've been doing her dog for several years.  Last time she picked up I suggested doing her dog like a Cairn.  This time she asked me to do it.  She loved it. 

The other was a Pom I've also been doing for years.  The owner asks for different lengths depending on the weather.  This time he wanted everything shaved naked.  I said,  "I'll tell you what...I will clip her short but leave a small ruff of hair to frame the face.  The wife picked up and I told her what I said to the husband.  She said, "oh, she is adorable.  I don't care if he has a tissy fit.  Don't clip it off".

Then there is the Bichon I do.  I'm the only one I know who can make a Bichon look like a show dog.  It involves sculpting the hair to make the dog appear to be one way when if you followed the lines of the dog's body it would look totally different.  They are very high maintenance dogs.   The ones with a show coat need a bath and brush out every week otherwise they mat badly, and a sculpting every 4 or 5 weeks.  When this dog leaves my shop he looks ready to walk into the show ring.

My day job is very satisfying.  I don't "wash dog nuts for a living" like my nemesis said.  It involves a good eye, and a bit of creativity, and a great deal of skill.  I love my day job.

big b

Did you clip it off like the man wanted, or did you leave it like the woman wanted?

LizStreithorst

I told the husband that I would clip it off if he didn't like it.  The wife picked up and loved it.  I will happily shave it off if one of the owners brings the little dog back and asks me to. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 01, 2015, 01:18:35 PM

I don't "wash dog nuts for a living" like my nemesis said.  It involves a good eye, and a bit of creativity, and a great deal of skill.  I love my day job.

I agree 100 %.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I really like your passion for your art, Liz.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron