• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 312
Total: 312

Outdoor tank

Started by Ron Sower, July 23, 2015, 12:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2015, 05:44:04 PM
.......raising Dots outside. .....

'scuse my ignernce, but whacha mean by ''Dots"?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You have just not been reading everything posted on the form.  Snots are bristle nose plecos.  Dots are a fish that I'm fond of.  I called them Dots years before this forum existed.  But I'm not about to tell you what fish Dots are.  I'll give you a hint.  Jan wants my Dots and they're not any kind of big deal fish :P
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Sorry Liz. Just asking.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Way cool. I remember your posts about them now, but when I put "dots" in the search it only came up with this thread. They are a beautiful fish. I believe you got them back in the late winter or spring (without loking up the thread.) How many do you keep?

And I think any fish a person is enamored with is a "big deal fish" because it's a "big deal" to that person!   ;D ;D

I was enamored with the little Daisy's Rice Fish (still am really), got some nice photos of them breeding, and then spread them through several people in our club. Not much to look at until you get up close, and...wow! when you observe their blue eyes first, and the their mother-of-pearl-like body colors they are gorgeous. I'm probably going to get some more of them in the fall. That's a ''big deal fish'' for me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I have just 6 adults.  I keep them with Discus because of their gentle nature.  The males are absolutely beautiful when they're in their breeding colors.

Ron Sower

I'm thinking about them for my community tank with small tetras and white clouds and bunches of cories and some ancistris. I have 2 large angels I rescued recently that will go to a friend in the club. These could be a nice replacement, don't you think? Do the males spar? (I know I could go to the 'net to get the answers, but I prefer someone I know to give me words of experienced wisdom..!) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

No.  Males live very peacefully together.

big b

If you don't mind seeing your fish from the side then this is a good product I hear. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tuff-stuff-products-heavy-duty-oval-tank-110-gal