• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:06:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

Dwarf cichlids

Started by P4Angels, October 16, 2012, 11:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Right now we are working on some Dwarf cichlids groups:

Bolivian ram (have spawned in our community tank)

Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (Blue Rams) (I have 25 Juvenal's I got after the last GSAS meeting)

Apistogramma Baenschi - (picked up a pair yesterday)

Pelvicachromis pulcher (Kribensis) - 2 spawns of over 100 fry

Looking for:

Apistogramma cacatuoides

The plan is to house the pairs in heavily planted 10 gall tanks all connected via PVC over flow to a canister filter.  Its  alot like my nursery setup...

**(none of the pictures used in this post are mine just random pictures from the internet)
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Here is a video of my Krebensis (kribs) hord::

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

cool video! love those fish! I haven't kept any for years.
Jo

Jdmcfast

I wish my bolivians were that colorful!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Josh

P4Angels

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 16, 2012, 01:03:45 PM
I wish my bolivians were that colorful!

Funny what you can do with photo shop.....

Rjb3

My Bolivian Rams spawn in a community tank. Then, I pull the eggs, hang an airstone above them, and Presto you have babies. The survival rate is amazing. They are very hearty.

I used to bring a picture of my breeders to the swaps for display. Once, a guy took the pic. to "Show his friend" and never returned it. LOL They do have some great color on them.

b125killer

Cool pics. I like the Apistogramma cacatuoides. Using photo shop is kind of cheating isn't it?  I have seen that pic of the Bolivian ram some where. I looked all over the net to see what kind it was.
How do you get The blue rams to breed?
Scott

Jdmcfast

Are there any tricks to breeding bolivians or similar rams?

Josh

P4Angels

My first set of B. rams came from Capt. Bob at the QC Swap.   Loved them ever since..

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 17, 2012, 07:42:58 AM
Cool pics. I like the Apistogramma cacatuoides. Using photo shop is kind of cheating isn't it?  I have seen that pic of the Bolivian ram some where. I looked all over the net to see what kind it was.
How do you get The blue rams to breed?

LOL..that's what photoshop was made for.....wasn't it...enhancing what you find difficult to captrure in a particular shot.....now over doing it isn't fair either.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

You see it all the time.  If they can do it for the fashion industry and make one then.....  ::)

b125killer

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Your fish look great.
Scott

Rjb3

P4  The Bolivian Ram was and still is one of my love at first sight fish. I'm glad that pair is working out for you. I think just about all the people I sold them to have spawned them.

Endlers and Synodontis Petricola are two more. Oh, Jeeze, I could think of all kinds of love at first sight fish if I took a moment. But, I don't want to hy-jack the thread.

P4Angels

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 18, 2012, 04:38:56 PM
P4  The Bolivian Ram was and still is one of my love at first sight fish. I'm glad that pair is working out for you. I think just about all the people I sold them to have spawned them.

Endlers and Synodontis Petricola are two more. Oh, Jeeze, I could think of all kinds of love at first sight fish if I took a moment. But, I don't want to hy-jack the thread.

I have to agree that the longer I keep fish the list gets longer and longer....