• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

Albino Blue eyed

Started by Mugwump, January 19, 2013, 06:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

on eggs.... I spooked him....he's about ready to blast back in there....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Cool picture. Is that his blue eye showing?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yes it is, pretty little things....baby's are really cute....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

He's a cutie. Good luck with them. 
Scott

Jdmcfast

Do they have a mixed spawn? Or are they all blue eyes
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 19, 2013, 08:51:04 PM
Do they have a mixed spawn? Or are they all blue eyes

Both parents are blue eyed....fry are too...haven't seen any variants yet, anyway....time will tell.
Jon

Jdmcfast

I just wondered because I have a pair of browns that throw a percentage of blue eye albinos
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 20, 2013, 12:20:54 PM
I just wondered because I have a pair of browns that throw a percentage of blue eye albinos

Nice, it's a mutant, so can surface anywhere both parents carry the gene...You should out cross to another blue eyed BN line, strengthen the genes for future pairs...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I have to ask Steve the Pleco guy about this. I think they are separate species.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

I know that most 'Albinos' sold are not true Albinos, no red eyes,etc, they are a morph of the std brown. The blue eyes are gene produced, two copies needed. I guess I'm assuming his brown pair carry the morph and the blue eye gene.....???
Jon