• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 258
Total: 259

New plant led coming!

Started by b125killer, July 13, 2015, 07:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I think my t5s have song there last song. They went out a few weeks ago. I put new bulds in and they didn't last that long. A matter of weeks. I replaced the ballast about 6 months ago. I'm sure if i replace it again they would work. But for how long? I'm not dumping anymore money into that fixture. So after a long long search. I finally decided to get the Finnex Fugeray Plated led. I was thinking about the Finnex Ray2. I was reading that it's set up more for a high tech tank. And if you don't run CO2 you could create an algae problem. The Fugeray is more for low to medium plants.  So that should work out just fine for my needs. 
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I've been wanting to replace that light for some time, Just waiting for an excuse. I almost got a Sunbeam plant led light. It was 32 3w leds. But I think the finnex has a better spectrum. And I wasn't that happy with the beamworks leds.  There power supply is garbage. The one I have now flickers. If I smack the power supply it stops.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on July 13, 2015, 07:58:40 PM
I've been wanting to replace that light for some time, Just waiting for an excuse. I almost got a Sunbeam plant led light. It was 32 3w leds. But I think the finnex has a better spectrum. And I wasn't that happy with the beamworks leds.  There power supply is garbage. The one I have now flickers. If I smack the power supply it stops.

...odd.????....all my Beamswork led's work fine...even the overly abused one that we use at swaps......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It is a older led. Probably just getting too old. I have a marineland led waiting on the side line to replace it. There just not for plants. Maybe anubias or some other low light plant but it doesn't do good with sword plants.
Scott

b125killer

I got my new led plant light. It looks like I need to take out a lot of duck weed that's turned brown. The other plants looking good for not having light for 4 days.
New finnex fugeray planted+
5ho
Old t5ho lighting
Scott

Mugwump

..you can sure see the difference....nice lamp...
Jon

b125killer

I cleaned out most of the bad duck weed and trimmed up a lot of the plants. There was a lot more bad leafs then the pic shows. On the plus side the snails didn't go hungry  :o lol.
Scott

Mugwump

...everything perking up with that new light now..??.....you my need to adjust the 'on' time somewhat too....
Jon

b125killer

The led light is doing a good job. I have to clean duckweed out of the a lot more. I didn't adjust the time the lights are on. I was waiting to see how things went. So far I'm happy with them.
Scott