• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 337
Total: 338

Wow.......

Started by Mugwump, June 29, 2015, 08:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Full color range for these guys?

Mugwump

Looks like it.....I like that white one, never seen that before in a 'Dobie'......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Missing blue and fawn,the white one is an albino.Never saw an all black one before.

LizStreithorst

I was surprised to see that solid black was an allowed color, as is blue.  Blue always comes various health problems, especially skin problems related to a weak immune system and problems with eye sight.  This is true with most breeds.  Albino is not allowed.  I like that red and rust bitch except for her domed skull.  Over all, the black and tan is the best from the head on view.

Have any of you ever seen an uncropped dobie?  They look like gentle.  It's the ear crop that makes them look intimidating.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2015, 02:08:05 PM
Have any of you ever seen an uncropped dobie?

Years back, we received a rescue Rottie that looked just like an uncropped Dobie.  Poor dear had been mistreated and started to the point that she only weighed 65 pounds.  After about a year she had put on around 30 pounds and looked like a proper Rottweiler.  The idiots who had her had tried to make her mean and called her Black Sabbeth, we shorted it to just Beth.

I was doing a lot of out of state travel at the time and she complemented our 130 male wonderfully.  I kept a loaded shot gun near the bed and told my wife it was to put any unlucky intruders out of their misery after the dogs were done with them......  I didn't worry quite as much when I was away on business.

Dennis

Mugwump

I was surprised to see that solid black was an allowed color, as is blue.  Blue always comes various health problems, especially skin problems related to a weak immune system and problems with eye sight.  This is true with most breeds.  Albino is not allowed.  I like that red and rust bitch except for her domed skull.  Over all, the black and tan is the best from the head on view.

Have any of you ever seen an uncropped dobie?  They look like gentle.  It's the ear crop that makes them look intimidating.

Yes, our neighbor has an uncropped Dobie.....about 8-9 mos old......great dog too....he plays with our girls up and down the fence line....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 29, 2015, 02:53:59 PM
Have any of you ever seen an uncropped dobie?

Years back, we received a rescue Rottie that looked just like an uncropped Dobie.  Poor dear had been mistreated and started to the point that she only weighed 65 pounds.  After about a year she had put on around 30 pounds and looked like a proper Rottweiler.  The idiots who had her had tried to make her mean and called her Black Sabbeth, we shorted it to just Beth.

I was doing a lot of out of state travel at the time and she complemented our 130 male wonderfully.  I kept a loaded shot gun near the bed and told my wife it was to put any unlucky intruders out of their misery after the dogs were done with them......  I didn't worry quite as much when I was away on business.

Dennis

I can see a starved Rotty looking like an uncropped Dobie.  Some people are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.  Thank you for doing good for Beth
Always move forward. Never look back.