• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 265
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

My New Discus

Started by PaulineMi, January 17, 2013, 11:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Having thought about this for at least a year I finally did it.  Here are my new discus from Mike Beal, Central Ohio Discus. They arrived this morning.  I don't have full lighting on them yet so they can used to the new environment.

Penang Eruption

Albino Leopard

Blue Fire Jewel

White Butterfly
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Those are beautiful....wow...good luck with them..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Very nice quaity fish, Pauline.  They will look even better once they settle in.  Congrats!
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks Liz and Jon.

Liz, thanks for telling me about Mike.  He said the Blue Fire Jewel will be a rose red with blue over the head and body. Even after just a few hours I can see these fish starting to blossom.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

b125killer

congratulation, Them are  beautiful discus.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 17, 2013, 02:20:39 PM
Thanks Liz and Jon.

Liz, thanks for telling me about Mike.  He said the Blue Fire Jewel will be a rose red with blue over the head and body. Even after just a few hours I can see these fish starting to blossom.

I wondered about the Blue Fire Jewel.  It sounds like one of those stupid names that Discus breeders give thier fish, and I suppose it is.  But who would buy it if the breeder had described it as a fish originating from a Blue Diamone/Rose Red cross and refined over several generations?  To me it looks like a Cobalt but now that I know how he described how it will look as adult, I think that it will turn out to be your most interesting looking fish.  Granted, the others will be flashier, but I'm not a huge fan of Discus that look like they went to the beauty parlor to have their colors painted on.

I hope to work with a similar cross soon.  You're a member of Simply.  You'll be able to see the pics.  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?101691-What-would-these-babies-look-like  Post #5.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Congrats Pauline, it's always so much fun getting new fish!

Dennis

PaulineMi

Yes Liz...that thread seems to be exactly what my fish is all about. I was almost disappointed when I first put it into the tank. Dark and all those bars.  It's lightening up and getting prettier as it settles in though.

Best of luck with your work on the cross.

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis.  I've entered very new territory with this group! 

ilroost

great looking fish. wishing you the best of luck with them

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Thank you ilroost and JR.

Frank The Plumber

That is a really nice looking Penang Eruption. The Albino is sweet looking too. I love those striated types.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

Now it's my responsibility to keep these guys growing and healthy.  I'm looking forward to it. :)

Mugwump

How old are they?.....What size??.....just curious.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson