• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

Tornado Watch

Started by wsantia1, June 23, 2015, 04:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Be careful, Willie.....those storms are real beaut's.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2015, 04:44:49 PM
Be careful, Willie.....those storms are real beaut's.....

I am here tracking this storm right now. They have the T warnings just north of me. Hopefully it will be past us by 6:30 EDT.
Willie

LizStreithorst

They're the things I most fear.  Stay safe, Willie.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks Liz and Jon. It should move through within the next half hour and then we will get much cooler temps for the rest of night. 8)
Willie

wsantia1

The severe storms mostly passed through but in the process it knocked out one of my outlet boxes (2 outlets) in the fishroom. That totally sucks. ???

I ran a 100 foot heavy duty extension cord from the outlet box of the ejection unit as a temporary measure until I can figure what's wrong. ::)

None of the circuit breakers tripped and the GFI's didn't trip either.There wasn't much electricity pulling from that outlet, just a couple of power filters and LED lights but the location of it was prime. >:(
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 23, 2015, 06:13:10 PM
The severe storms mostly passed through but in the process it knocked out one of my outlet boxes (2 outlets) in the fishroom. That totally sucks. ???

I ran a 100 foot heavy duty extension cord from the outlet box of the ejection unit as a temporary measure until I can figure what's wrong. ::)

None of the circuit breakers tripped and the GFI's didn't trip either.There wasn't much electricity pulling from that outlet, just a couple of power filters and LED lights but the location of it was prime. >:(

Found the problem. Everything back online. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 23, 2015, 06:34:48 PM

breaker slightly ajar....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2015, 06:46:15 PM

I found out that this particular outlet is on the same circuit with the outside lights and the garage door opener. The GFI is in the garage and that's what tripped. i don't know if it was due to the storm but 99.9 percent of the time the only things running on that circuit is the fishroom stuff. I'll have to pay closer attention to it.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 23, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

I found out that this particular outlet is on the same circuit with the outside lights and the garage door opener. The GFI is in the garage and that's what tripped. i don't know if it was due to the storm but 99.9 percent of the time the only things running on that circuit is the fishroom stuff. I'll have to pay closer attention to it.

good catch.....we have a couple screwed up pairings too......I guess the thought was that potentially less used outlets could be combined....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2015, 07:31:03 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 23, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

good catch.....we have a couple screwed up pairings too......I guess the thought was that potentially less used outlets could be combined....

I have one outlet that is on a dedicated circuit. It is a 20 amp one. I don't know why they did not do the first one like that. They knew what I wanted them for. Well at least I found out what the first one was connected to.
Willie