• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 319
Total: 319

cool beans....

Started by Mugwump, June 22, 2015, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A Norwegian sky diving champion and computer programmer finished crocheting the Super Mario Bros. 3 World 1 map after more than six and a half years.

Over 800 hours and 100 balls of yarn later, 31-year-old Kjetil Nordin, of Norway, has crocheted his childhood pastime into a Super Mario Bros. 3 blanket. The tight-knit creation measures over seven feet long by nearly six feet wide. But this blanket won?t be used to keep anyone warm.

Nordin, who now resides in Denmark, earns a living as a computer programmer. When he?s not staring at lines of computer code, he chooses to jump out of perfectly good aircraft; he?s won two sky diving championships over the past six years.

?The hardest thing has been to accept that it took such a long time,? Nordin said. ?I?ve spent 800 hours crocheting and many hours researching and searching for the correct yarn.?

While he was crocheting the water that surrounds the World 1 castle, Nordin realized he picked the wrong shade of blue, which set his project back even more. ?It was almost purple, and very ugly, so I had to undo all of it,? Nordin recalls. ?That took an extra week.?

So what?s next for Nordin? He?s currently trying to figure out to hang his crocheted creation on the wall ? without ruining it.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson