• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 289
Total: 289

Tank stands

Started by Mugwump, January 15, 2013, 01:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Also, Here's Ted Judy's vid on tank rack making...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I like building my own stands. There not that hard and I can make them however I like. The only problem I had was the last stand I made wasn't level.I should check before I put everything together.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 16, 2013, 03:09:17 PM
I like building my own stands. There not that hard and I can make them however I like. The only problem I had was the last stand I made wasn't level.I should check before I put everything together.

yep, measure twice, cut once.....that's why they make shims..... ;D
Jon

JR

I love making my own stands. But I cant see to well so I measure 6X and cut 4X. Most of the time it comes out even. Thats why God made trim for us guys that cant see
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on January 16, 2013, 06:10:39 PM
I love making my own stands. But I cant see to well so I measure 6X and cut 4X. Most of the time it comes out even. Thats why God made trim for us guys that cant see

LOL...me too, I get my wood working buddy to help cut and notch the wood, them assemble at home......his table saw is awesome.... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Having the right tools always makes the job easier!

Dennis

P4Angels

An having a good plan always helps 2...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...