• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

I was furious

Started by LizStreithorst, June 14, 2015, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We finally had the gully washer I was wanting so badly.  It allowed me to take a break from hauling branches to the burn pile in 100 degree heat.

Then I walked down to the fish room and heard water.  It was running in a stream down the middle seam where the sky light once was.  I was furious!!!!!!!!  I just spent $3,330 to not have that!!!!!!

I was going to wait until tomorrow to call the carpenter but I vented to Barb and she said that I should call him now.  He turns off his cell on the weekends but I have his home number at the shop because I do their dogs.  I had run out of beer which gave me another excuse for driving in....

I called.  I told him.  I was civil.  He will come tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest to take a look.  I said, "This will cost me nothing, right?"  He said that it will cost me nothing.  Then I apologized for bothering him at home on a Sunday but that when I saw it I was upset.  I didn't say anything about being furious.  As long as he makes it right and it costs me nothing I will be satisfied.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Well that's not good.  Hopefully nothing was damaged by the leaking water.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It doesn't do insulation any good to get wet where there is no air circulation to enable it to dry out.  You get black mold.  That's why they had to replace all the insulation that was already there and Clorox the rafters.  But one time getting wet might not be the end of the world and he could always remove some of the vinyl ceiling to let everything dry out.  As long as he fixes the problem before the next rain I'll be happy.  He surely doesn't want me to sully his fine reputation by trashing him all over town, which I would do if I had to.  I know that it won't come to that.  Word of mouth is the most important thing in this area. 

I was a carpenters helper once.  I know how much more difficult it is to fix another carpenters bad work than it is to build from scratch.  If he doesn't make me happy, I do have an ace in the hole.  I have the money that I'm not allowed to touch (although I have touched it)  I have a customer who is a lawyer.  I could take him to court.  It will not come to that. But still it's nice to know that I'm not a little old lady with no resources and no options.

Mugwump

That stinks....but from the sound of previous posts about him....he'll make it right....reputation is one thing....pride is another..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You're right, Mug.  I won't have to call in the artillery.  He will make it right.  He's like me.  He takes pride in his work.  I guess I had a bit of fury left in me when I posted about my lawyer.  I'm over it now.  It just took a bit longer than I though it would take for my fury to dissipate.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 14, 2015, 03:43:00 PM
....he'll make it right....reputation is one thing....pride is another..

Yep, that's what I'm thinking as well.  Now, let's hope that he has the skills to fix it.  We all know what the road to Hell is paved with.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

The road to fishroom Hell is paved with Bud Boozer.  Such a good kind man.  I never even thought about taking him to court.  I just couldn't...This guy has the skills.  He will make it right.