• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 228
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Thursday's coffee=====>

Started by Mugwump, June 11, 2015, 06:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Coffee is really good, slept in til almost 6 this morn'n....supposedly cooler today, 80's, rain/storms??.. ;D...but we're heading out to watch some grandkids in a bit....#3 son and wife are going on some errands. yada yada...so it'll be a fun morn'n.....maybe we'll go to the park, if we can beat the rain...
now i need more coffee...MMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Just got back from my 3 mile morning walk and it was already starting to get pretty sticky out there.  supposed to be one of those HHH days. 

Coffee is good this morning and now that I am back I can finish off the pot. I often wonder why when I fill my coffee pot to 8 cups before brewing I only get three real cups out the back end. lol ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess my coffee cups are too big or the coffee maker's cup measurements are too small. lol  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 11, 2015, 07:42:18 AM
Just got back from my 3 mile morning walk and it was already starting to get pretty sticky out there.  supposed to be one of those HHH days. 

Coffee is good this morning and now that I am back I can finish off the pot. I often wonder why when I fill my coffee pot to 8 cups before brewing I only get three real cups out the back end. lol ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess my coffee cups are too big or the coffee maker's cup measurements are too small. lol  ;D ;D ;D

...same here....I drink 20 oz'ers.....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..back from a morn'n with a few the G'kids.....LOL...what a crew  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....nap time????  ;D  could be?..
Jon

LizStreithorst

What a great day today!  not only did I have a full day of dogs, the Carpenters got the ceiling almost completely put back up, they pressure washed it, too!  When the first guy installed it He set it out in the rain to get all nasty before he put it up, then put it up with his filthy fingerprints all over it.  I had to get on the ladder and clean it with cleaner and a sponge as best I could.  I couldn't reach the places that were over the tanks so it wan't really clean.  Now it sparkles.  My fluorescent fixtures are back in.   My Exhaust fan is installed and working.  It will be trimmed out tomorrow.  The boss man brought the big thing that you bend tin with and made a lovely cover for my air pump to protect it from the rain.   I may leave it outside forever or I may bring it back inside during the winter months.  Nothing is glued, just stuck together so moving it will be easy. 

They even did a little weed eating to cut a nice path from the fish room to the gate and trimmed back some branches on my holly tree so they wouldn't have to duck.  They had to take down my big water storage container that sits on top of my other big water storage container to get to installing the last of the insulation and ceiling.  They said that they can fix the leak in the valve that has existed since it was first put in.  I never again will run out of water when I do a huge WC, and they've saved me from having to hire a plumber.  They may finish up tomorrow but they also may have a few bits and pieces that will take part of another day.  I'm so happy to have found a guy who takes pride in his work and does things right.  Tomorrow is pay day for him and his helpers.  I think I'll have enough left for a carport but I'll find know when I get home tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2015, 05:02:27 PM
What a great day today!  not only did I have a full day of dogs, the Carpenters got the ceiling almost completely put back up, they pressure washed it, too!  When the first guy installed it He set it out in the rain to get all nasty before he put it up, then put it up with his filthy fingerprints all over it.  I had to get on the ladder and clean it with cleaner and a sponge as best I could.  I couldn't reach the places that were over the tanks so it wan't really clean.  Now it sparkles.  My fluorescent fixtures are back in.   My Exhaust fan is installed and working.  It will be trimmed out tomorrow.  The boss man brought the big thing that you bend tin with and made a lovely cover for my air pump to protect it from the rain.   I may leave it outside forever or I may bring it back inside during the winter months.  Nothing is glued, just stuck together so moving it will be easy. 

They even did a little weed eating to cut a nice path from the fish room to the gate and trimmed back some branches on my holly tree so they wouldn't have to duck.  They had to take down my big water storage container that sits on top of my other big water storage container to get to installing the last of the insulation and ceiling.  They said that they can fix the leak in the valve that has existed since it was first put in.  I never again will run out of water when I do a huge WC, and they've saved me from having to hire a plumber.  They may finish up tomorrow but they also may have a few bits and pieces that will take part of another day.  I'm so happy to have found a guy who takes pride in his work and does things right.  Tomorrow is pay day for him and his helpers.  I think I'll have enough left for a carport but I'll find know when I get home tomorrow.

That's wonderful, Liz....I love it when a plan comes together   ;D  Congratulations....
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron