• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:40:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

Windows 10...

Started by Mugwump, June 01, 2015, 02:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Dennis, if I can do this safely without you showing up at my doorstep hard drive in hand is there a way?  I have had enough of Microsoft.  I've decided that I hate it so much that I want nothing to do with it.  What is a Virtual Box and can I buy one at Best Buy?  New Faithful is new and has loads of memory.

I got pissed off when I couldn't install Microsoft Office Picture Manager after I did the system restore after the bad virus.  I need to have Microsoft Office installed.  I can get it for free for a year but after a year they will want money >:( 

Or perhaps I should figure out how to use Photo Bucket.  I've tried a few times but although the rest of the world can do it, I'm too damn stupid.  Sometimes I hate myself >:(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 05, 2015, 07:23:56 PM
Dennis, if I can do this safely without you showing up at my doorstep hard drive in hand is there a way?  I have had enough of Microsoft.  I've decided that I hate it so much that I want nothing to do with it.  What is a Virtual Box and can I buy one at Best Buy?  New Faithful is new and has loads of memory.

I got pissed off when I couldn't install Microsoft Office Picture Manager after I did the system restore after the bad virus.  I need to have Microsoft Office installed.  I can get it for free for a year but after a year they will want money >:( 

Or perhaps I should figure out how to use Photo Bucket.  I've tried a few times but although the rest of the world can do it, I'm too damn stupid.  Sometimes I hate myself >:(

This is a little easier than phototrashcan.....   http://www.slickpic.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 05, 2015, 07:23:56 PM
What is a Virtual Box and can I buy one at Best Buy?

Liz, Virtual Box is software that allows you to basically run a system within a system.  Here's the link with more info.....

https://www.virtualbox.org/

You could just as easily run Windows XP with Virtual Box.  It may be something you want to talk over with your computer guy when he comes to visit.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

My computer guy is too busy to bother with me now,  He has a great new job that challenges him and he's getting married this month.

Muggers, I was able to open the pic in virtual box but I was not able to crop, correct and resize.  I'm sure it was my fault.  I will try again tomorrow.  Virtual Box was very very slow on New Faithful.  I'm thinking now that Microsoft has me in it's clutches.  I can get office free for a year and download the easy photo software that is fast and easy.  After a year I'll have to pay for something that IMO should be free.  It used to be free but the damn money grubbers now want me to pay.  (sorry, I'm frustrated)

All I wanted to do was post a pic of my HB juvies attacking the cube of Dan's freeze dried blackworms  that I stuck to the front of their tank.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Liz....Slickpic doesn't need virtualbox....just go to the site....download a few pics to your album, and then simply right click for 'pic' location,copy, and post as an 'img' here.....
Jon