• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 317
Total: 317

'Rocket Fuel'....??

Started by Mugwump, January 12, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I saw this on your web page, and was wondering ...is this different in texture, and ingredients, than the substrate??..Can I slide this under existing plants in gravel??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

The Rocket Fuel is a liquid fertilizer absorbed by the substrate. It's amazing stuff. You can mix Plant-Tastic with any existing substrate.

Mugwump

Liquid....is it a powder that you mix with water,etc and then dose??or a premix solution?...if so, I could use a baster to dose plant roots, substrate?...cool...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

It's a liquid fertilizer I use to saturate the porous substrate. The key is the fact that the substrate it so porous. The nitrates are also absorbed by the substrate. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

BillT

Although I do not now have plated tanks, I am curious about the use of fertilizers in aquariums with fish. Adding nitrates seems bad for the fish, but since people do it with seeming success, it must not be a problem. What's going on here.
Do all the chemicals get bound up in the substrate?
Does some leach out?
If its bound up how do the plants get it?
Does the particular substrate affect its binding and use? (previous comment implies it does).

Mugwump

Well, Bob....we put a few tabs under some plants and it seems to have perked them up pretty good...next up, will use the substate in a pot/planter type vessel.....stay tuned...
Jon

Rjb3

Use caution. We don't want any Jack and the Beanstalk stuff going on. LOL

Mugwump

Well, this water sprite has been in the pot for about 4-5 days now...it didn't skip a beat, no temp die off or ill effects....nada....that substate and ferlizer is awesome, I'm impressed....no CO2, no special lights either....

Jon

Mugwump

another..same plant
Jon

b125killer

That's impressive.  I'm going to have to try that in my grow out tank.
Scott

ilroost

Rjb3

I will have plenty of my Plant-Tastic, with and without Rocket fuel. And I'll have a good supply of plant tabs at the Feb. GCCA swap.

Mugwump

You'll likely need it all, Bob....words getting out about these great products.. ;D
Jon