• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 373
Total: 373

Nice app

Started by LizStreithorst, May 30, 2015, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 30, 2015, 07:54:30 PM
Works perfectly and it's free ;D https://adblockplus.org/

There are some nice proggies out there.....glad that you found one.....looks good..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I went looking because I was annoyed at all the damn ads plastered all over Simply.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 31, 2015, 10:07:06 AM
I went looking because I was annoyed at all the damn ads plastered all over Simply.

LOL....I know....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

AdBlock will also help preventing you from getting a virus from the ad servers.  I've been using it on the Chrome browser for several years now.

Back when I was working on Stephan's new website, he was telling me about the advertising he was doing with a couple of websites.  I was beginning to think he was crazy, but then I remembered the AdBlock.  The ads were there alright, I just was seeing them displayed because of AdBlock.  LOL  First rate program.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Yes, they give you that option as well as an option to prevent tracking, and one other that I didn't need that had to do with social media.  I didn't need that one because I don't understand the value of social media even though the rest of the world is in love with it.

GeorgeG

I just added it to my computer and went to Simply and no ads. Good find Liz