• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

Shipping Angels

Started by GeorgeG, May 30, 2015, 04:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

I just got 6 DD Blacks off Aquabid and after a 4 day trip all dead. When I opened the bag they were full of water but only had about 1 inch of space for air in a 12 inch tall bag. Maybe the bag was 2 inches wide at the most. I got a full refund but not enough air to mix into the water when shaken up. Not going to buy from him again, I think Liz got some from him just a few weeks ago.

George

LizStreithorst

Mine arrived safe and sound.  I think that they arrived a day early if I remember correctly.  Both fish were in the same bag and the bag was smaller than it should have been.  I checked his feedback before I bit.  There was one real horror story but the rest was good.  Aquaboards said he was good.  I found out later that there was a discussion about him on TAS where several folks had problems.

Sorry, George.  It's a bitch when the fish you yearn for die unnecessarily due to poor shipping.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GeorgeG

It's terrible some people are too cheap to do it properly. Well my quest to find DD Black Superveil will start over. It may be awile before I find them again and I will get them out of my system.

LizStreithorst

I don't think that it's a matter of being cheap.  I think that he needs guidance on how to do it right.  As you know, it took me a bit of time.

Mugwump

He's been at it a long time......still screws up fish, and packing....It's Gordon, right?....'Fishfancier'....

At least they were DD blacks....most the time he calls most any fish...well anything..if they'll sell...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....and he gets away with it by either sending more fish, or refunding promptly....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2015, 05:30:36 PM
He's been at it a long time......still screws up fish, and packing....It's Gordon, right?....'Fishfancier'....

At least they were DD blacks....most the time he calls most any fish...well anything..if they'll sell...

Gordon is who i though of first,i bought from him twice,never again.
But not Gordon,someone else that i heard some people had problems with,i marked them off also. 

LizStreithorst

Mine were from Gordon.  And you're right, Mug.  He has enough feedback to have been around long enough to have learned to get it right.

He didn't call mine something they were not.  They were nice fish, too.  I got lucky.  Unfortunately, the male committed suicide last week.  They never did parent raise like he said so I put the female standard with one of my veil hb's.  They've been guarding their eggs for 2 days now so my fingers are crossed.  My plan was to cross them into my hb's anyway.  It would have been nice to get a spawn of blue silvers first though.

Mugwump

Yes, Liz....you got lucky... 8)
Jon

GeorgeG

Prontodelivery but he's been at it a long time too

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on May 30, 2015, 07:34:46 PM
Prontodelivery but he's been at it a long time too

Really...??....they used to be good too.....remember those nice leopards a couple years back....but...I've heard a few rumbles a while back, but then none since.....that's too bad.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Are you going to post feedback, George?  I know that 4 days in transit is unacceptable but it happened with an Angel pair that I shipped once.  The fish were starved for 2 days and each was put in it's own 8" bag with pure O2.  I thought that they'd be dead but they arrived just fine.

I read his negative and neutral feedback and many people complained about not enough air?  When will he get the message?

GeorgeG

All I can complain about is the bags could have used more air space. The Post Office sent my angels to north dakota instead of Arizona. He refunded my money before the fish arrived after 4 days. I knew they were not going to last in 100 degree weather as most people seem to think their homemade Styrofoam boxes keep the heat out or they don't bother to check the weather here. I will leave him Neutral.

LizStreithorst

Neutral is good in this case.  Please mention that several people before you have complained about not enough air in his bags. 

My fish arrived safe and were good fish so I left positive feedback.   But arrived a day early and the bag was too small and it was full of water with little air.  I should have said something but I was happy so I didn't.