• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Saturday bird show coffee...

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2015, 05:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...An absolutely fantastic cup of coffee.....MMMmmmm.....a much cooler, and rainy day on tap here for today....around 70 deg's tumbling down to around 40 deg's by tonight......crazy weather, huh?....back in the 80's by Wed/Thurs..

..later on this morn'n we'll head to the Bird show/fair and see what we can see....it's supposed to be a good sized event... ??? We may get a chance to stop at "Critters", a LFS in St Charles. They used to have some nice fish/plants; it is not a really big store. It is a very clean and well run store, with friendly staff.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2015, 05:53:09 AM
...An absolutely fantastic cup of coffee.....MMMmmmm.....a much cooler, and rainy day on tap here for today....around 70 deg's tumbling down to around 40 deg's by tonight......crazy weather, huh?....back in the 80's by Wed/Thurs..

..later on this morn'n we'll head to the Bird show/fair and see what we can see....it's supposed to be a good sized event... ??? We may get a chance to stop at "Critters", a LFS in St Charles. They used to have some nice fish/plants; it is not a really big store. It is a very clean and well run store, with friendly staff.

Check out Critters again. Call them first.  Before I moved they were relocating to the Petland location on Randall Rd. in South Elgin.  I agree they had some nice fish.  I used to sell them a lot of Angels. lol

Coffee is very good. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 30, 2015, 07:08:21 AM

Check out Critters again. Call them first.  Before I moved they were relocating to the Petland location on Randall Rd. in South Elgin.  I agree they had some nice fish.  I used to sell them a lot of Angels. lol

LOL...I sold em bunchies too....but it's been so long since we've been in that way....years..and we're only 18m miles...LOL...I just sold fish to Petland in Cherry Valley (Rockford) the other day....

Thanks Willie, you're right.... ;D    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Critters-Pet-Shop-Inc/259879700452?sk=timeline

looks like they're pushing more animals and birds that fish tho....????....they do still have fish..may just have to run down Randall and check em out??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Hey Willie, ever been to AJ's pets in Elgin?..Drew??.....he's a bird guy too.....how's the shop?...good fish?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2015, 07:52:49 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 30, 2015, 07:08:21 AM

LOL...I sold em bunchies too....but it's been so long since we've been in that way....years..and we're only 18m miles...LOL...I just sold fish to Petland in Cherry Valley (Rockford) the other day....

Thanks Willie, you're right.... ;D    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Critters-Pet-Shop-Inc/259879700452?sk=timeline

looks like they're pushing more animals and birds that fish tho....????....they do still have fish..may just have to run down Randall and check em out??

It's a smaller fish section now and they are pushing the other critters.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2015, 07:59:21 AM
Hey Willie, ever been to AJ's pets in Elgin?..Drew??.....he's a bird guy too.....how's the shop?...good fish?

Never been to AJ's. Is he new? Looks like he has a lot of birds at some fancy prices.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 30, 2015, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2015, 07:59:21 AM

Never been to AJ's. Is he new? Looks like he has a lot of birds at some fancy prices.

Yes, he's a good bird guy.....Jan's been in touch with him about his possibly buying one of her mated parrotlet pairs.....

I was curious if he had anything else up there too...??
Jon

Mugwump

Well the show was fun.....nice crowd of good folks..we walked all over, Jan got to talk 'shop' with some keepers that she knew....the only real excitement was some ding dong, after being reminded to, didn't clip the wings on a nice African grey....it escaped to the high ceiling and rafters.....just watching everyone down below......

A nice variety of birds at this show too...some lookers....Some nice guy and his wife brought in there Falcons to show.....very impressive birds....he hunts small game with them too,,,,,,
Jon

LizStreithorst

The thought of hunting with falcons has always turned me on.  I understand that it's a long roe to hoe to teach them to come back to you.  I wish I'd known somebody who did that.  I'd have followed him around like a puppy.  How did he do at the show?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 30, 2015, 02:25:02 PM
The thought of hunting with falcons has always turned me on.  I understand that it's a long roe to hoe to teach them to come back to you.  I wish I'd known somebody who did that.  I'd have followed him around like a puppy.  How did he do at the show?

he wasn't selling, just doing it revive interest. He does teach, and has access to birds that can be purchased, etc...but that was secondary to the discussions....there were a lot of folks going by his table and talking/looking....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I misunderstood.  I thought that there was a competition.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 30, 2015, 03:30:16 PM
I misunderstood.  I thought that there was a competition.

...might be later for that African gray in the rafters......LOL...
Jon