• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,319
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 308
Total: 308

More Charlotte

Started by LizStreithorst, May 28, 2015, 06:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Dear Chip put in the window part that I ordered.  he said that it looked good but it turned out not to be great.  I will have to be gentle rolling up ::)  It gets close to the top and then goes off.  It's better than what I had.  Then he for sure found the leak in the AC.  It's in the back of the compressor.  Chip said that it can't be repaired, neither can he just go out and buy a new one. I'm not sure about that but it's what he said. He's going to have to search for one like it that works.

He changed the oil and did all the necessary work on The Beast, so I left Charlotte with him for now.  He's going to ask some smart AC people where he might find one a replacement.  That's what I get for falling in love with a 26 year old truck.

I don't think that he sees me as a cash cow.  After work today I stopped by and had a beer with him and a couple of his buddies.  We got to chatting.  I told him that fixing doors on The Beast was not really his job. Neither was replacing the speakers on The Beast nor putting a radio in Charlotte.  I asked him what was wrong with the green thing that looked like a Jeep.  He said that all it's valves had been burnt out.  That will be a huge time consuming job.  Once I stopped by and he was raising the body on some truck.  I said, "What, do you only work for people you like?'  He said yes.  That if he gets an asshole (his word) in he sends them to the shop next door.  The other guy confirmed it.  I'm like that too, with my business but I'm old and don't need a lot of money, and don't have a wife and 2 kids to support

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...he's an interesting guy, but it seems that he likes his work...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson