• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Who has bare bottomed tanks ???

Started by Mugwump, May 28, 2015, 08:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Why??.......Gravel/plants look so much better...and the gravel helps hold 'bio'...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

LOL. I do but I am going back to gravel or sand on my community and growout tanks. It's just a better look and it helps the bio in the tanks. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm all BB.  I don't have the patience to vacuum all that filthy gravel on a bunch of tanks.  I have plants in pots in many tanks and driftwood. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

When i had all my tanks set up i had both,adults and pre breeders with gravel.
Pairs were a mix,i orginally was using bare bottom thinking for parent raising the fry could find the food easier.
But since the fry BECAME the food i just started pulling the spawns i wanted to keep,so some pairs had gravel later.
Fry and all juvies were bare until sellable size,didn't want the bbs and micro worms getting lost in the gravel. 

BallAquatics

My breeder set-ups are bare and the pleco and cory grow-outs are bare.

Why - Well with egg scattering fish, I get better hatch rates in bare bottom breeder set-ups.  With the catfish, it's just much easier to feed and clean-up after them.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

Discus, Dantes and slow growing juvenile angel are in bare bottom. The family room angels/miscellaneous fish, wild cross angels and the CPDS are in tanks with gravel, plants and driftwood.

The bb tanks are easy to clean...a daily X2 or 3 chore for the discus. The albino Dantums will eventually get planted.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)