• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 01:00:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

I need to rant

Started by LizStreithorst, May 27, 2015, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have satellite which is one step better than dial up although it doesn't work when it rains ::)  I lived for four years outside of Mobile and I'm glad to be back home, but I got so have the wonderful cable internet where everything happened in a instant.  I'll be long dead before we get cable here in the sticks.

I loaded the bags of moldy insulation into Charlotte to take to the corner for garbage collection.  Still no pics of the Curipera down.  I'll have a nice bath and check again afterwards.  If have to wait till morning to see them I can deal with it.  It's rather comical if I'm in the right mood do see it as that.  When I'm not in a good mood it's not funny at all.  There are developing countries that have better internet connection that I have here in the richest most powerful nation in the world.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 10, 2015, 07:49:04 PM
I remember dial up.....good grief

Me too!  I can remember downloading a cd's worth of stuff from Microsoft that would take 48 hours to complete.  Back then I had three lines, the phone line, the fax line, and the data line.

Through some quirk, Time Warner ran the Internet service through this one stop light town well before it was available in the larger local cities.  Since then, I can normally download a dvd's worth of info, about 4.5 gigabytes in less than 40 minutes.  If it's slow to download, the lack of speed is on the sending end or simply due to Internet traffic.

I hate it when I go to a client and they cannot get a decent Internet connection.  I can sympathize with your predicament Liz.....

Dennis