• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 01:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

I need to rant

Started by LizStreithorst, May 27, 2015, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 06, 2015, 10:25:48 PM
No joy with Team Veiwer :(  Somethin' ain't right.

Close some programs??.....how much ram do you have..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I think that she's a lemon.  I didn't have anything running except solitaire and your tab was open.  Malwarebytes said that nothing was wrong.  Still, she kept getting slower and slower and slower and slower.  Before bed I refreshed her in the way that it saved my files.  It didn't help.  This morning I did yet another complete system restore and she is seems to be fine.  I can see having screwed her up once because I didn't have virus software installed, but I don't see how I could possibly have screwed her up this time.  I'll find out.  If she messes up again I'll know for sure that it's something with her.

I reinstalled Malwarebytes and even bought the upgrade.  I got google chrome again as my browser, and I'm trying to get Team Viewer right now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

You should have 4 gigs of ram.....right?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know how to find out how much ram I have.  I'm ingorant, remember? :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2015, 11:27:07 AM
I don't know how to find out how much ram I have.  I'm ingorant, remember? :-[

lower left corner, right click....select 'system'....it's there  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2015, 11:38:58 AM
It says I have 8 GB

Nice....you shouldn't be having issues with that much HP.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2015, 11:14:37 AM
.....Still, she kept getting slower and slower and slower and slower.  Before bed I refreshed her in the way that it saved my files.  It didn't help.  This morning I did yet another complete system restore and she is seems to be fine.

Liz, does your satellite company slow down your connection after you use so many bytes?  I have a client that uses a satellite connection and that's what his provider does.  After around 1/2 a gigabyte of download they throttle his bandwidth back to a much slower speed.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 07, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2015, 11:14:37 AM
.....Still, she kept getting slower and slower and slower and slower.  Before bed I refreshed her in the way that it saved my files.  It didn't help.  This morning I did yet another complete system restore and she is seems to be fine.

Liz, does your satellite company slow down your connection after you use so many bytes?  I have a client that uses a satellite connection and that's what his provider does.  After around 1/2 a gigabyte of download they throttle his bandwidth back to a much slower speed.

Dennis

Good thought, Dennis.....and right on the button too, I'll bet.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I think it does. I don't know how to tell for sure.  I should have the connection through the phone line an a week or two.  When I get the better connection new faithful will have no excuses.

After the third try I was able to download and install Team Viewer.  The first two times it said I had it in my downloads folder but I guess it just didn't install.  It worked the the third time I tried.  I'm glad to have in case everything turns to shit again.  I'll be able to bother some kind person ahd have him see what's up from afar.

I still think that New Faithful may be a lemon.  The first computer that my husband bought a million years ago was a lemon.  It happens.  I didn't have problems like this with Old Faithful.

BallAquatics

Yes, if you are going to a connection through the phone line, that would be DSL.  Typically they allow you around 250 gigabytes a month compared to most satellite providers 10 gigabytes a month.....  almost as much every day as the satellite allows for the whole month.

Once you get hooked up with your faster connection, we can try to hook-up if you still have problems.  We need a better connect though because it's almost impossible to get anything done connecting across the Internet when the problem is the Internet connection.....

I'm game if you are!!!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

You're a darlin', Dennis

LizStreithorst

I shall bitch again right now just to pass the time while the Discus pics I want to see on Simple take their sweet time downloading ::) 

I'm sure that you're right, Dennis.  The satellite people kept offering me an upgrade that would be faster.  I kept ignoring them and I swear that they made what I have now even slower.  Perhaps not but it sure does seem so.  I always knew I wanted the DSL now being offered.  Out here in the sticks we are on a local phone company.  It's called Bay Springs phone company.  Bay Springs is a town about an hour's drive from me.  They are a tiny company but they never give up.  They're way behind AT&T but always come though eventually...

They make you jump through hoops to get their DSL.  I finally jumped through all their hoops and I hope to have their service in a week's time.  At least I didn't have to drive to their office like one of my neighbors ::)

Back now to look at the Discus pics that Kenny posted of his new shipment.  I don't think that I'll see what I want but I might.  He has these Cuipera cross that I need to take a gander at.

LizStreithorst

The pics I'm looking for have still now down loaded.  This satellite service has to go.  I've been waiting for these pics do down load for 2 hrs.  No shit!  I'd sure they'd be down when I got through with WC.  Then I was sure they'd been down after my long bitch. 

This piss poor service will come to an end soon.

Mugwump

I remember dial up.....good grief, start a DL and just go to bed.... ;D
Jon