• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 265
Total: 265

Things are looking up

Started by LizStreithorst, May 26, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The carpenter finally stopped by this afternoon. He's been swamped with work so it has taken a while.  This one has an excellent reputation.  He's also a customer of mine and the gentleman I bought Charlotte from.  He'll stop by early next week with one of his guys who will get the easy stuff done.

Chip ordered the part for Charlotte.  He also ordered one for his own truck.  We both know if the part is made in China it will be crap.  He's tried 3 Chinese ones in the past with poor results, but holding and guiding my window up is better that having it fall down into the door ::)

My silicone for fixing the tank was dried up and when I opened a new tube yesterday it was dried up, too >:( >:( >:(  I figured I'd have no luck finding GE 1 silicone at the local hardware store.  They didn't have it last time I asked.  Well, this time they had all the GE silicones ;D  I wonder if they switched to the GE because of me?  That would be just like a local business...

New Faithful is still a thorn in my side.  My sweet guy still has not called.  I texted him this morning  asking that he please not forget me, then again this afternoon saying that I was at my wit's end.  Still no word...She got so bad that I've finally unplugged her and am using the laptop that I despise.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well you're part way to getting it all done.....nice  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My sweet computer guy called!!!!!!!!  I was more excited than a teenager who had a guy she was sweet on had called.  He's been swamped at work.  And has a flight tomorrow at 2 am to NYC with his company.  Not bad for a young rural Mississippi boy who but himself through college.  His buddies gave him a bachelor party yesterday.

First thing and next to last thing he said was that he was sorry he couldn't fix New Faithful himself.  But he told me all these things to do to fix it myself.  I can't try it tonight, I have water change yet and I've had too much beer.  I'll have lots of time tomorrow.

He told me to try 2 things.  If one didn't work the other one should. If neither works he said to call him and he can give me the contact info for a good smart guy who will fix New Faithful's problem.  I'm so happy. 

Dennis, ever heard of comboxfx?  He says I need to click the link to bleepingcomputer  that the other places to click might be viruses.  He said to reboot in safe mode first and try to install Malawarebytes again, that it may be able to do it.  The bomboxfx and bleepingcomputer is for if that doesn't work.  I love my guy.  He is so kind.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 26, 2015, 07:14:47 PM
Dennis, ever heard of comboxfx?

Nope, that's a new one to me.  I've always used AVG and then Malawarebytes to finish cleaning up.

I don't use anything here at home on these Linux boxes.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 26, 2015, 07:30:09 PM
...this one??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/

That's the one, Mug.  He says I need to enter safe mode with internet and go to comfortbox first and download it from there.  comfortbox gives several choices and some of them give you a virus!  He says that comfortbox is an excellent tool that computer fix it people use, but that a newbie can get in trouble if she clicks on the wrong place do download it.  The smart people know what link to click on.  People like me don't have a clue.

I'll dry installing Malwarebytes is safe mode first.  He said that it might or might not work.  If it doesn't I'll try the comfort box and bleeping computer.  I'd love to be able to fix this myself with a wonderful helper who gives great instructions.  If it doesn't work he told me to call him and he't give me the name of someone trustworthy who will do it for me. 

I love my computer guy.  He's fond of me, too.  He'd have blown me off otherwise.