• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 339
Total: 339

Meeting

Started by Rjb3, May 24, 2015, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiggs

Congrats, Bob is this new job full time or part-time ?
Jan

wsantia1

Congrats Bob. This a great for you. Enjoy! ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...best of all.....Bob gets set hours, and a 40 hour week.....that'll be new to him..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

My schedule is 36 hours a week for now. That's all the hours they're open. They may want to expand the hours with me there.

One of the really bad parts of the jail job was forced overtime to cover staffing shortages. Without warning, and I mean at the last minute of the day, you could be forced to work 8 more hours. They didn't care what your plans were. And since Governor Walker took our union, you need 40 productive hours in your week before you were paid overtime. Our work schedule was 5 days on, 2 off, 5 on, 2 off, 6 on and 3 off. So, when you were off three days in a row, you only had 32 hours that week. The first 16 hour shift they forced you to work would be all straight time. That just ain't right.

There were many other bad parts to the thankless corrections job, but I won't go into them.

I met Gale while working there. That was a good thing.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 26, 2015, 04:38:03 PM
My schedule is 36 hours a week for now. That's all the hours they're open. They may want to expand the hours with me there.

One of the really bad parts of the jail job was forced overtime to cover staffing shortages. Without warning, and I mean at the last minute of the day, you could be forced to work 8 more hours. They didn't care what your plans were. And since Governor Walker took our union, you need 40 productive hours in your week before you were paid overtime. Our work schedule was 5 days on, 2 off, 5 on, 2 off, 6 on and 3 off. So, when you were off three days in a row, you only had 32 hours that week. The first 16 hour shift they forced you to work would be all straight time. That just ain't right.

There were many other bad parts to the thankless corrections job, but I won't go into them.

I met Gale while working there. That was a good thing.

I can understand, Bob.....a job shouldn't continually mess with your well being....all those extra hours can really be stressful, and drain a person quite quickly. You've made a good choice leaving and getting back out in the world.....cool beans  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 25, 2015, 07:27:51 AM
Congratulations on the retirement plans. You're a lucky man to be able to pursue a new job that will be something you truly enjoy doing.   :)

And am looking forward to seeing how "Gerry's Garden Shop" progresses....

This just in from Gerry's Garden Shop. . . . . . Gale's own potting mix. Created by her with only a little help from me. She calls it Ka-BLOOM. Not sure yet what the retail price will be. Shipping is going to be a killer.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 27, 2015, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on May 25, 2015, 07:27:51 AM
Congratulations on the retirement plans. You're a lucky man to be able to pursue a new job that will be something you truly enjoy doing.   :)

And am looking forward to seeing how "Gerry's Garden Shop" progresses....

This just in from Gerry's Garden Shop. . . . . . Gale's own potting mix. Created by her with only a little help from me. She calls it Ka-BLOOM. Not sure yet what the retail price will be. Shipping is going to be a killer.

Flat rate boxes....."Ka-BLOOM."....LOL...love it.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Rjb3

It's official and I'm glad. I remember my first day there 18 years ago. I can now remember my last. What a relief.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on June 01, 2015, 04:15:24 PM
It's official and I'm glad. I remember my first day there 18 years ago. I can now remember my last. What a relief.

Congrat's again.....now on to the good life  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Bob, it's good to read about the new, more "regular'' job for you. I hope it will be all you want it to be.
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Thanks, Ron.

Some of the fringe benefits:  Part time, Sunday and Monday off, paid vacation, paid days off for Gerry's Garden events we had planned this summer, great people to work for that really appreciate me and want me there . . . . . It's almost too good to be true.

I gotta tell ya, the owner's wife brought in a cake to celebrate my first official day. It was supposed to read "Happy First Day Bob". Instead, is said "Happy Birthday Bob".

BallAquatics

Happy Birthday Bob!!!  Hope the rest of your days at the new job are as fun as the first!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on June 02, 2015, 04:59:30 PM
Thanks, Ron.

Some of the fringe benefits:  Part time, Sunday and Monday off, paid vacation, paid days off for Gerry's Garden events we had planned this summer, great people to work for that really appreciate me and want me there . . . . . It's almost too good to be true.

I gotta tell ya, the owner's wife brought in a cake to celebrate my first official day. It was supposed to read "Happy First Day Bob". Instead, is said "Happy Birthday Bob".

'Happy Birthday, Bob'......wonderful..... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

It's not my birthday. That's in November. The bakery made a mistake. Should have said First Day. Today is my second day. Probably won't be cake. LOL

I did fix a gun yesterday for a guy that walked in with a broken Remington 1100. Fortunately, I had experienced the same situation with mine once and knew what to do. My first unassisted repair. There's no stopping me now.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on June 03, 2015, 05:31:34 AM
It's not my birthday. That's in November. The bakery made a mistake. Should have said First Day. Today is my second day. Probably won't be cake. LOL

I did fix a gun yesterday for a guy that walked in with a broken Remington 1100. Fortunately, I had experienced the same situation with mine once and knew what to do. My first unassisted repair. There's no stopping me now.

So??....happy birthday anyway....LOL.....did ya blow out candles??
Jon