• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

Never Trust the weather man

Started by LizStreithorst, May 24, 2015, 01:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I felt that he wasn't telling the truth this morning when it was so overcast, but I still trusted in him.  He promised a beautiful day for everyone in the state.  I was able to get most of the laundry in dry and a bit almost dry before the rain started.  When the sun came out I moved Charlotte to the shade bathed, and dried her, and got the buffer ready to give her a nice shine even though the dogs let me know what was coming.  I should have trusted my own instincts and the dog's over the stupid weather man.  Boom, boom, boom and a huge crack of a lighning strike somewhere ::)  Internet has been in and out so although it's calmed down, I know that more is on the way.

I've already done all my weekend chores except for caring for Charlotte and fixing that damn leaking 100 gallon.  I really, really, really dred tackling the tank but I'm afraid that I have no choice.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Rain passing through here...hit and miss too....later on I guess mostly all rain ??  Finished a couple tubs of water changes, cleaned the HOT mag's, and washed/folded a load of wash....mow chill'n a bit.....Manny's sleeping on my lap....and boiling  :o....this boy can roast ya....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Hard to believe that I have internet access with this rain, but although it's iffy it's there about half the time.  We had a rain break and I was able to do wax and buff everyting befpre the rain returned except Charlotte's bed half. All of her looks good but her front half glows.  All my wax putting on and taking off bonnets are in the washer now so even if it clears up I won't be able to finish until they dry. 

I will have no chioce but to tackle the dread leaking tank tomorrow unless it's clear.  Surely I'll be able to find another project I don't want to do less to tackle if it's still raining.

LizStreithorst

It was a lovely productive day despite the damn rain which seems to have gone away :)  A big WC and a soak in a hot tub generally puts me in a good mood.  A pair of Angels from Ed spawned in a 60 wide with a bunch of blue marbles in it who are doing nothing.  I don't remember what Jon told me the were but I remember him telling me that they'd likely produce many different types.  It's nice to have a pair guarding eggs with a bunch of other hungry fish who would be delighted to eat them. 

I have several open breeding tanks, but until I fix my 100 gallon tanks I have no room for grow out.  I wish that one of y'all would tell me, "Liz, fix 'em.  If you want them to hold water you have to do it yourself.  Ain't no one going to appear by magic and do it for you."  I've told myself that. but it would be good for me if some smart person would tell me to get off my lazy fearful of failing ass and tackle it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 24, 2015, 07:59:24 PM
It was a lovely productive day despite the damn rain which seems to have gone away :)  A big WC and a soak in a hot tub generally puts me in a good mood.  A pair of Angels from Ed spawned in a 60 wide with a bunch of blue marbles in it who are doing nothing.  I don't remember what Jon told me the were but I remember him telling me that they'd likely produce many different types.  It's nice to have a pair guarding eggs with a bunch of other hungry fish who would be delighted to eat them. 

I have several open breeding tanks, but until I fix my 100 gallon tanks I have no room for grow out.  I wish that one of y'all would tell me, "Liz, fix 'em.  If you want them to hold water you have to do it yourself.  Ain't no one going to appear by magic and do it for you."  I've told myself that. but it would be good for me if some smart person would tell me to get off my lazy fearful of failing ass and tackle it.

OK....git er done, Liz.... ;D..t'ain;t that hard.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

That's what I needed to hear!  I'll tackle one of the bastards tomorrow, the one that is leaking from the front bottom seam.  I wish I could find the bad place but I've looked and cannot.  It has to be there because water was coming over the bottom front trim.  The other one that leaked on the side seam and the glass top brace gave out on needs a strong man or two to take down so I can do the repair on the floor.  I bought both these tanks at the same time back in 2002.  Neither have set dry for a long period of time.  They both sprung leaks within a month or each other.  I'm very lucky that I didn't loose fish.