• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 328
Total: 328

Last frost is past now...

Started by Mugwump, May 20, 2015, 06:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This weekend the planting begins..... ;D....Strawberries, blackberries, blue berries, and red raspberries(thornless) are all making already  ;D

Peach tree doesn't look very good tho.....that 'killer' cold of a couple years ago really set it back....but it's recovering...may get a few???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I have one definitely dead tree and one probably dead tree from that killer cold. They're both ornamental flowering species, darn it.  Other than that I have flowers that I'm just itching to put out. Let the season begin.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Wow. One week from June and you are just having your last frost day. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 20, 2015, 09:21:42 AM

It's best to be safe, not sorry, around this area.....30's last night....planting season is near Memorial Day here.....we do have veggies started tho...about 6"-12".....pop em in the ground here shortly.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 20, 2015, 01:14:04 PM

It's best to be safe, not sorry, around this area.....30's last night....planting season is near Memorial Day here.....we do have veggies started tho...about 6"-12".....pop em in the ground here shortly.... ;D

It would be really nice out here now but that little breeze from this morning turned into a 30 mph steady wind so now it is time for a windbreaker. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 20, 2015, 01:22:01 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 20, 2015, 01:14:04 PM

It would be really nice out here now but that little breeze from this morning turned into a 30 mph steady wind so now it is time for a windbreaker. :o

...still only 46 deg's here...breezy too.....dew point 34 deg's...that shows where our night time low is headed....brrrr

Jon