• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

The clean gene project

Started by ghonk, May 19, 2015, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

An albino ghost pearl would be a good start.
Or cross it too a zebra pearl half black,since you might already have one of those.
Zebra might already be showing up in the golds dorsal,i THINK it does some times.

But a zebra cross to the gold would confirm if the gold carries zebra,and also check for pearl with the pearl cross.
You could cross the offspring back to your half blacks to check for that,and hope they express if they carry it.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 20, 2015, 06:05:12 AM
An albino ghost pearl would be a good start.

..if you can find one??...Frank's HE's would be perfect.....HB/SS/Gold/PB/albino.....

=======================

Frank The Plumber

Breeder
        View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Turq HE's
? Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:07:48 PM ?

Modify
    Remove
    Split Topic

My Turqs are a cross between a D/D Str/- V/+ Sire and Hb/Hb S/S dame. I think these are the guys you got through me.

Your turqs should be hybrids within the mix of four types that emerged.

Possible fish should be "german blue" type ( non Pb ) blush, Single dose D and double dose stripeless (turqs) D/D S/- Black blush and D/D S/S black velvets.

I have taken to line setting the Hb/- black velvets in super veil and chosen those with bronze and without.
I have done the same to the Hb/- D/D S/- V/+

The other fish that have complex genetics have some very interesting stuff going on as well. I am getting really magnificent looking fish from the partial and incomplete expressers, some real starter fish to get some jaw droppers going. You have those same hybrids as I do. And then I have some full expressers as well, but the partials throw several types that the fulls do not and so I keep them for the Pb/Pb A/A S/S G/- and cobalts.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

ghonk

The Albino Dantum Female is now confirmed,a confirmed egg eater.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: ghonk on May 20, 2015, 06:35:44 AM
The Albino Dantum Female is now confirmed,a confirmed egg eater.

Last week, at first glance, I thought I had a grotesquely sick Dantum. When I went over to check her out she was depositing eggs on the front glass of the tank for the whole world to see. As usual she would make one pass followed up by her and her buddy eating all of the eggs. Not being the modest type she continued depositing eggs in front of me without a care in the world.  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL....some are real 'hussies' , huh?..... ;D
Jon