• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

The clean gene project

Started by ghonk, May 19, 2015, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

New TAF thread i started,please post THERE, (IF) you can.
Will make it easier for me to follow input.

http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=33867

wsantia1

I don't think I have any fish that are not het for something. However I did subscribe to the thread so that I can follow what will be an interesting project.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 19, 2015, 01:07:55 PM
I don't thin I have any fish that are not het for something. However I did subscribe to the thread so that I can follow what will be an interesting project.

I would too, if he'd stop posting in caps... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i think i have some h/b that are just h/b

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on May 19, 2015, 01:19:03 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 19, 2015, 01:07:55 PM
I don't thin I have any fish that are not het for something. However I did subscribe to the thread so that I can follow what will be an interesting project.

I would too, if he'd stop posting in caps... 8)

NOT going to happen. ;D

ghonk

Quote from: greydragon on May 19, 2015, 01:45:34 PM

Have you done any crosses,if so can you say what   hidden genes they don't carry.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: greydragon on May 19, 2015, 01:45:34 PM

I'm the thinking that the ones I sent you were all Zebras but I might be wrong.  I had pure ones but a guy came buy who had a pocketful of money and the pure ones were the ones were the ones he wanted.  He took them all.  I have just 2 pairs I'm woking with now.  One pair are both Z/Z  The other pair may each be Z/+.  I'll have to take a look at the fry they have now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Looks like Carol just wants to sell you her, or David's, fish...."Dantums"...that's a one trick pony bro....what is a Dantum....never have seen the answer to that.....must be top secret, or something?....I've asked, but no cigar....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

David ::)  Has he patented the name Daltum yet?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
David ::)  Has he patented the name Daltum yet?

He was just 'trademark' ing it......
Jon

LizStreithorst

lol.  Not as bad as a patent I guess.  He told me once that he invented PB's.  Sheesh.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2015, 03:37:49 PM
lol.  Not as bad as a patent I guess.  He told me once that he invented PB's.  Sheesh.

LOL.....he imported them all......
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on May 19, 2015, 02:57:26 PM
Looks like Carol just wants to sell you her, or David's, fish...."Dantums"...that's a one trick pony bro....what is a Dantum....never have seen the answer to that.....must be top secret, or something?....I've asked, but no cigar....

I'm the one who contacted Carol about her Dantum cross stock,through several PM's.She has been helpfull in answering my questions.  The fish    i was looking for she no longer has,david got the standard fin fish from that cross,that's why she suggested i contact him.

The Dantums were originally bred in Israel,if i remenber correcty he got a pair,or a few adults from a breeder,maybe from germany but can't remember.
That breeder told him they were a Altum X Scalare cross,doubtful.More likely a so called Peruvien Altum,really a scalare.
The color in them looks very close to other peruvians to me,other then being albinos.
And closest to Rio Nanays,with the yellow/gold spotting,and also blue on the gill plates.They also have the fin extentions common in peruvians.

My (guess) is they are a peruvian X domestic cross,possibly crossed back to the peruvians since they favor them so much,don't know if they would look like that with only 50% blood.But possible.

NON albinos were also brought over by David,pics and video's are online,i think there is a video link here from the breeder in Israel.

Im debating getting some peruvians from Steve AP,and crossing those to them.   
Have a Cigar on me. ;D

ghonk

One thing i do know for sure,my pair is 100% stupid.They layed again this morning,on the mostly algae covered glass,right next to the slate.
Many of the eggs not sticking and hitting the bottom,then they started picking at each other to see who was going to guard them/or eat them maybe.
So i just split the tank with an egg crate,only thing that did was freak out the male,and now so far the female is mostly ignoring the eggs.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 19, 2015, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 19, 2015, 02:57:26 PM

I'm the one who contacted Carol about her Dantum cross stock,through several PM's.She has been helpfull in answering my questions.  The fish    i was looking for she no longer has,david got the standard fin fish from that cross,that's why she suggested i contact him.

The Dantums were originally bred in Israel,if i remenber correcty he got a pair,or a few adults from a breeder,maybe from germany but can't remember.
That breeder told him they were a Altum X Scalare cross,doubtful.More likely a so called Peruvien Altum,really a scalare.
The color in them looks very close to other peruvians to me,other then being albinos.
And closest to Rio Nanays,with the yellow/gold spotting,and also blue on the gill plates.They also have the fin extentions common in peruvians.

My (guess) is they are a peruvian X domestic cross,possibly crossed back to the peruvians since they favor them so much,don't know if they would look like that with only 50% blood.But possible.

NON albinos were also brought over by David,pics and video's are online,i think there is a video link here from the breeder in Israel.

Im debating getting some peruvians from Steve AP,and crossing those to them.   
Have a Cigar on me. ;D

The above is still speculative, no one knows for sure...any crosses should have been informative enough, right...now they're available only multi-hets ??
I don't know what they truly were to begin with... so I'll just be mum....

Yes, I remember their journey's, etc.....and pics, but nothing definitive was ever given except Altum crosses..two/three/four breeders involved....all with clean fish??...you tell me...so I'll pass on the cigar.. ;D
Jon