• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 313
Total: 313

Back when I was young...

Started by LizStreithorst, May 17, 2015, 09:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

...I tended bar.  I worked at the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans,  It was OK.  I worked at a fancy ass place in Mississippi too, but my boss was a jerk.  My most fun jobs were at redneck bars.  I liked them because I was always busy.  At one called El Agave so many fights broke out that we had the cops on speed dial.  Nobody ever got hurt.  There were no knives or guns.  Just young rednecks who needed a good fight.  The cops would come.  I don't think that they ever hauled anyone off to jail.  They just settled them down and the night went on as though nothing ever happened.  Ah, for the good old days.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 09:48:50 PM
...I tended bar.  I worked at the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans,  It was OK.  I worked at a fancy ass place in Mississippi too, but my boss was a jerk.  My most fun jobs were at redneck bars.  I liked them because I was always busy.  At one called El Agave so many fights broke out that we had the cops on speed dial.  Nobody ever got hurt.  There were no knives or guns.  Just young rednecks who needed a good fight.  The cops would come.  I don't think that they ever hauled anyone off to jail.  They just settled them down and the night went on as though nothing ever happened.  Ah, for the good old days.

LOL....cheap entertainment, eh?.... ;D   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

My good old days had to do with fast cars and motorcycles.

And girls girls girls.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

I'm a Taurus...earth sign....I've always been in with water.....swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, da beach, surf'n, fish'n....and keeping/raising fish....and I've always been interested in Geology, volcanism, oceans, mountains, etc....was a marine geology major in college for a bit...til drafted....LOL...fascinating place, this earth....huh8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson