• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 319
Total: 319

A question for the smart people

Started by LizStreithorst, May 17, 2015, 10:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It wouldn't download for me either......mo mssg either.....odd
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wonder if I deleted the McAfee it would work?  I just deleted it.  I'll try Malwarebytes again. It's the one I'm most fond of
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
I wonder if I deleted the McAfee it would work?  I just deleted it.  I'll try Malwarebytes again. It's the one I'm most fond of

Ok, I got it......just wait til the DL page loads fully.....sheesh......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Which download are you talking about, Mug?  The Microsoft one?  I couldn't even get that one to start downloading.  I deleted the McAfee, rebooted and tried Malwarebytes again.  Still no joy.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 04:00:42 PM
Which download are you talking about, Mug?  The Microsoft one?  I couldn't even get that one to start downloading.  I deleted the McAfee, rebooted and tried Malwarebytes again.  Still no joy.

AVG      http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
I tried again.  No joy.

I had to click the 'retry'.....below the 'what to do'...yada yada.....did you hear the voice of the advertisement??
Jon

BallAquatics

Can you open this link???  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus#1TC=t1

It goes into how to use the anti-virus / anti-malware software that comes standard with Windows 8.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It says that it has been turned off and is not monitoring my computer and that I should turn off any app that may be monitoring her.  To my knowledge I have no other application doing this.  Once again, no joy :'(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 04:37:22 PM
It says that it has been turned off and is not monitoring my computer and that I should turn off any app that may be monitoring her.  To my knowledge I have no other application doing this.  Once again, no joy :'(

Did you uninstall all the McAfee parts....there are (3)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I did as far as I can figure.  I right clicked on the program and clicked uninstall.  When I look for it now it is no longer there.

I've gotten to the point where I don't give a f....the computer still works.  If and when it quits working I'll haul it into a fix it shop.  I have a laptop that I despise that I can use until it's fixed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2015, 04:48:39 PM
I did as far as I can figure.  I right clicked on the program and clicked uninstall.  When I look for it now it is no longer there.

I've gotten to the point where I don't give a f....the computer still works.  If and when it quits working I'll haul it into a fix it shop.  I have a laptop that I despise that I can use until it's fixed.

did you do a restart afterwards ?....I'm sure you did tho, right?....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I did.  I could always do a bigger reboot by un plugging it or turning the switch to off.  I just did it by pushing the button on the computer.

Mugwump

Are you logged on as your 'putors' admin ??
Jon

LizStreithorst

All I know is that when I reboot she asks me for my password and when I type it in she welcomes me and opens up.  does that mean that I'm her admin?

Damn, I wish I could find a good fight.  I can't remember wanting to fight this much since I left The Bad Man.  If I were to find a fight that was already ongoing I'd jump right in and either whup ass or get mine whupped.  It wouldn't matter which.  It's all about the release of built up frustration :o