• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 290
Total: 292

Aquabid

Started by LizStreithorst, May 01, 2015, 05:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Has anyone looked at the young Discus for sale on Aqubid lately?  It is deplorable.  There is this one guy who shows a pic of a nice adult Discus but the fish you receive for $37. is 1 1/2 to 2".  He doesn't lie in his ad but  the ad is deceiving.  Another shows a pic of an ugly stunted discus which isn't even the fish he will send.

I have a 120 full of 2 1/2 to 3" discus I need so sell all but 6.  They are good.  I was going to ask $30 each for them.  They're worth it.  They're more than worth it compared to what's being offered ATM.  When I sell Discus I post a pic of the actual parents because they're impressive, and say that pics of the juvies are available on request.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
Has anyone looked at the young Discus for sale on Aqubid lately?  It is deplorable.  There is this one guy who shows a pic of a nice adult Discus but the fish you receive for $37. is 1 1/2 to 2".  He doesn't lie in his ad but  the ad is deceiving.  Another shows a pic of an ugly stunted discus which isn't even the fish he will send.

I have a 120 full of 2 1/2 to 3" discus I need so sell all but 6.  They are good.  I was going to ask $30 each for them.  They're worth it.  They're more than worth it compared to what's being offered ATM.  When I sell Discus I post a pic of the actual parents because they're impressive, and say that pics of the juvies are available on request.

Why not just post both pics....fry and parents (not for sale) yada yada
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Because I'm too stupid to use Photo Bucket ::)  I tried twice :-[  And when you upload a pic to aquabid from your computer you are only allowed to upload one.  I'd like to be able to show both because the kids don't develop their pattern until they're getting close to 4". 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2015, 05:55:28 PM
Because I'm too stupid to use Photo Bucket ::)  I tried twice :-[  And when you upload a pic to aquabid from your computer you are only allowed to upload one.  I'd like to be able to show both because the kids don't develop their pattern until they're getting close to 4".

http://www.slickpic.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson