• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

Saturday bowling coffee...

Started by Mugwump, April 25, 2015, 06:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's great...and the morn'n dreary looking....Jan saw a fox running through the back yard earlier...goofy weather must have the animals moving??..
going bowling later with the sons, golf cancelled because of the rain/cold....thankfully  ;D 

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

weather is screwy here too. 30 degrees this morning but since there is no wind right now it feels better than yesterday. Supposed to get better later today maybe even hitting 60. Coffee great and yes it will be a 2 pot day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 25, 2015, 07:23:01 AM
weather is screwy here too. 30 degrees this morning but since there is no wind right now it feels better than yesterday. Supposed to get better later today maybe even hitting 60. Coffee great and yes it will be a 2 pot day.

Nasty weather makes great fish room putz days....the 2nd pot is a given here...LOL...as likely as the 3rd...4th?...5th?... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

My Mom and Dad always had a pot of coffee going and drank it all day, clear into the evening. I never drank it until a coworker introduced me to the flavored stuff a a gas station. I've had a couple of cups with flavored creamer most every morning ever since.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 25, 2015, 07:43:01 AM
My Mom and Dad always had a pot of coffee going and drank it all day, clear into the evening. I never drank it until a coworker introduced me to the flavored stuff a a gas station. I've had a couple of cups with flavored creamer most every morning ever since.

My Mom's coffee was famous, you could stand a spoon in it..... ;D   
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2015, 08:00:10 AM

Jon your mom made my kind of coffee.  ;D ;D ;D Since I drink my coffee straight black and strong with no sugar a third pot or more is not advisable. lol  8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 25, 2015, 08:23:31 AM

Jon your mom made my kind of coffee.  ;D ;D ;D Since I drink my coffee straight black and strong with no sugar a third pot or more is not advisable. lol  8)

You'd like Ed's coffee too........LOL....sit and drink coffee with Ed and then carry your car home....LOL....but it still didn't hold a candle to Mom's....Willie,she still perked it... ;D.....I had even seen her boil water and just toss the grounds in....Army style....LOL...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2015, 08:30:10 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 25, 2015, 08:23:31 AM

You'd like Ed's coffee too........LOL....sit and drink coffee with Ed and then carry your car home....LOL....but it still didn't hold a candle to Mom's....Willie,she still perked it... ;D.....I had even seen her boil water and just toss the grounds in....Army style....LOL...

lol. I love it. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2015, 08:30:10 AM
;D.....I had even seen her boil water and just toss the grounds in....Army style....LOL...

As I was catching up on this post, I started at the first one then went in sequence, I started thinking about how one of my Scoutmasters used to make coffee when we were camping.  It was just like this description. I wasn't much interested in drinking coffee then. Probably a good thing....it might have killed me!  I've always been active and always into something. I can't image being hyped up on caffeine and what it would have done to me...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm a pussy when it comes to coffee.  One cup in the morning with more half and half in it than most people would find acceptable and 1/2 tablespoon of honey.  It may be sissy coffee but it gets me in gear. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Hot water/ lemon/ and honey.....MMMmmmm....
Jon