• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

Thursday's coffee

Started by Mugwump, April 23, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..is splendid...slept in a bit...but now on the 2nd cup and getting going...kinda 8)..much warmer today, it'll be in the mid 50's.....30 deg's right now tho.....Lots of things to get done today....the grass needs cutting but the mower needs an oil change, so that's on the agenda for today or tomorrow too...
and, of course, water changes, etc...for now tho...more coffee.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

As usual we will be getting your current weather tomorrow. Right now it's 29, high will be 43. Tonight will be 23!!!  But the song sparrow is singing in the Japanese maple next to my window. It's
a reminder that spring is here.  ;D  Will be doing a big water change in the RN/SI tank for round three of the tasty egg spawn.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

We are going to be in a similar weather pattern too. The storms came through yesterday but came through very quickly. It left behind much cooler temps tho. Made a big boo-boo last night when I was changing water in the fry tank. I forgot to reconnect the heater. ???  Thankfully there were no losses and the water was not too cold. ::) First pot of coffee gone. A second opt may be on the agenda. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2015, 08:08:06 AM
We are going to be in a similar weather pattern too. The storms came through yesterday but came through very quickly. It left behind much cooler temps tho. Made a big boo-boo last night when I was changing water in the fry tank. I forgot to reconnect the heater. ???  Thankfully there were no losses and the water was not too cold. ::) First pot of coffee gone. A second opt may be on the agenda. ;D

I've turned most of my heaters horizontal. and lower down for that reason...now I just leave them plugged in....eliminates the 'senior moments'  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 23, 2015, 08:34:11 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2015, 08:08:06 AM

I've turned most of my heaters horizontal. and lower down for that reason...now I just leave them plugged in....eliminates the 'senior moments'  8)

The funny thing is that I have the heater horizontal in some tanks. :o I have to make the change. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

That's what I do as well.  I like mine right down near the bottom of the tank so I can drain down to just an inch or two.  I also think it aids in water movement with the warmer water moving up through the water column.

Dennis

Mugwump

Water changes done....broke down the hot mag's and cleaned em up...fed everybody...and now chilling. I did check the mower, but the plug being on the underside, I'll do it tomorrow when I can get #2 to help me lift it up on the sawhorses......I'll change the plug and air filter then too.... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Waiting for the third period of Detroit Red Wings hockey playoff game to start. Great game..Detroit ahead 2-0. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)