• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

Incoming on Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, April 22, 2015, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've got my panties in a wad.  I'm getting fish from a guy on AquaBid who I have heard both good and bad things about. The smart people are the ones who say he's bad.  I didn't know about the bad things until before I bid.  They say that he throws names around that don't describe the fish.  They don't say that he's dishonest, just that he's a moron. 

I bought the pair because of the pic.  I didn't care about how he labeled them.  They are Blue Silvers.  I need them to introduce new blood and the blue gene into my Half Blacks.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

They arrived today, a day early!  I have them floating in the bag for the temps to equalize.  They look good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 23, 2015, 10:58:10 AM
They arrived today, a day early!  I have them floating in the bag for the temps to equalize.  They look good.

Cool, less travel time the better... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

a pic

Mugwump

Pretty......now for babies.. ;D         
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Nice angels...glad it all worked out well for you.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Nice Angeles,  I'm happy it worked out for you.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I finally have what looks like a pump belly and serious cone pecking.  I like these two fish a lot.  I sure do hope they do right by me.

Just so I know, what are these in Greek.  I'd call them +/+  p/p  but I don't speak the language well enough to male my way  in Greece.  The male's bars come and go.  Sometimes he looks like his bars are  reversed but then they come back.  I can always see bars from his front looking down his side.  When he is has his side toward me they kinda disappear, like in the pic.  The female always shows her bars.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 27, 2015, 08:11:19 PM
I finally have what looks like a pump belly and serious cone pecking.  I like these two fish a lot.  I sure do hope they do right by me.

Just so I know, what are these in Greek.  I'd call them +/+  p/p  but I don't speak the language well enough to male my way  in Greece.  The male's bars come and go.  Sometimes he looks like his bars are  reversed but then they come back.  I can always see bars from his front looking down his side.  When he is has his side toward me they kinda disappear, like in the pic.  The female always shows her bars.

+/+ pb/pb......

I should add that one might have a gold gene, just a hunch that it's the male...so he might be g/+ pb/pb ?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang, I wrote it wrong (I wrote p rather than pb :-[) but despite my poor Greek writing I got it right!  Why do you think that one (perhaps the male) is g/=  pb/pb?

Mugwump

Silvers/wild types can fade slightly when mellow, but not wash out completely....the stripes should still be visible somewhat.....my theory/thinking is that it's the gold gene in the PB blues that allows a more extreme fade to happen.....but it's just my take.... ;D....you'll see this in PB zebras too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

They were spawning when I got home from work and are finished now.  It's a nice large spawn.  I sure hope they raise them.

LizStreithorst

24 hrs and I still have eggs.  When I turned off their tank light last night it looked like the female might be eating them.  They could see because their were lights on in other tanks plus the room light which I keep on 24/7.  I turned their tank light back on and she stopped.  The next hump to get over is when the eggs start to wiggle.  Nothing to do but wait and see this time around.

Mugwump

I think that they'll be fine.....the new surroundings may throw em off, but if they're tending...it looks good...
Jon