• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 117
Total: 118

I hate them meeces to pieces

Started by LizStreithorst, April 12, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Does anyone know if mouse traps get old and less sensitive?  I set them as hair trigger as I can but after having killed like 10 of them I find that I'm mostly feeding the mice peanut butter.  It is said to be the best bait, but perhaps I should switch to liverwurst.  It worked great for me before.  Or perhaps my traps are not doing right, or perhaps these meece are smarter than the average mouse.  My damn cat is worthless. On the plus side she isn't catching any song birds either.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I catch most of my mice with a small piece of French Toast.  I think it's the egg that they can't resist.

Dennis

Mugwump

We haven't had to set traps since living out in the farm house, but we used peanut butter, and good old cheese....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's never been as bad as it is this year.  I just tried some cream cheese.  I was using it before I read that peanut butter was better.  Shoot, I bought a jar of peanut butter for the mice.  I don't care for the stuff myself.  If they rob these traps I'll look into a different type of trap.  I won't resort to the sticky traps, though.  Even a damn mouse shouldn't have to suffer the inhumanity of a sticky trap.

LizStreithorst

The little bastards ate the cream cheese, too.  I must have reset the traps 5 times today and I only caught one mouse.   I'm going to order 4 of these.  The reviews are excellent and some are quite funny.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZINDY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=01pestcontrolproducts-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002ZINDY  There's another one that's supposedly better that is eloctronic but I refuse to spend $20. on a mouse trap.

Rjb3

I'd set a cowboy mousetrap for the little buggers.

LizStreithorst

What's a cowboy mouse trap, a 6 shooter?

Rjb3

Check them out on YouTube. It shows you how to make one.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Yup. That's it. You know you want to build one, Liz.

LizStreithorst

I prefer to have their little necks broken so they die fast but if these new traps don't work I'll try it.

Rjb3

I guess we're back to the six shooter. LOL

LizStreithorst

HA!  I stopped by the hardware store after the dentist today.  They had mouse traps similar to the ones I ordered.  I bought 2 and have already caught my first mouse.  I think that I must have a family of them down in the fish room and in the laundry room because when you see mice you really really really have mice!  I don't know why they like the fish room except that it's so nice and warm down there.  The laundry room I can understand because that's where my bags of dog, horse, and bird food are.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon