• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 122
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Charlotte

Started by LizStreithorst, March 31, 2015, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

She's still with my man.  She's sitting outside seemingly unloved.  I make a point to drive past the shop every work day  to check.  This morning she was outside and this afternoon she was still outside.  It was time to stop and bitch Chip out.  I found him under a car as usual.  I said,  "Chip, I've come to bitch you out".  He said, "bitch"  I said, Bitch, bitch bitch, bitch.  Poor Charlotte is always outside.  He didn't get mad at me, he just told me the truth.  He said that he had 3 weeks of work planned out and she just showed up unannounced and broken with all this time consuming work.  I felt guilty.  I didn't know.  I told him that I understood and should have been grateful for getting the van who got a sticking break caliper in and out so fast. 

I know that he's get her in when he can.  I'm happy for him that he is in such great demand after having just opened a shop of his own.  He has never done a piss poor job on anything I've ever taken to him.  He needs help, but he might be like me and not like supervising other's work.  He was busting his but working hard and fast on some old Jeep thing when I spoke to him.  He said that he was raising the body and it was taking forever because although he can do it, he "doesn't do it" (lol)

He and a a '66 Bronco in the shop.  It was a piece of art.  He said the guy who owned it spent $60,000 on having it restored.  I'll have to stop by with my camera and take a pic if it's still there tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Sometimes the foot goes easier into the mouth, than taking it out.....been there too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

He didn't hold it against me.  He's called me Liz rather than Miss Liz.  It's a southern way of differentiating someone comfortable to you from the more formal way of addressing a customer or someone who somehow you think should be addressed as someone higher in stature.   I'm from New Jersey but I've lived here long enough to pick up on things like that.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I drive past Chip's shop every day and she is always sitting outside.  I'm driving The Beast who is kinda loud and very big and very red.  He may have seen me.  I don't know.  Today I drove past and he saw me and waved me down.  He said he'll bring her inside and start work on her tomorrow.  I'm all excited.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 08, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
I drive past Chip's shop every day and she is always sitting outside.  I'm driving The Beast who is kinda loud and very big and very red.  He may have seen me.  I don't know.  Today I drove past and he saw me and waved me down.  He said he'll bring her inside and start work on her tomorrow.  I'm all excited.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....then it looks to be real soon now, for sure..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 08, 2015, 03:53:00 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....then it looks to be real soon now, for sure..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glad to see he is about ready to get working on her. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 09, 2015, 06:45:15 AM

If he's going to crawl under her.....doesn't he need a chaperone  ???

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 09, 2015, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 09, 2015, 06:45:15 AM

If he's going to crawl under her.....doesn't he need a chaperone  ???
And spoil the fun?  :o :o :o :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hey, if Chip can give the old gal a little pleasure who am I to interfere?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 09, 2015, 02:08:51 PM
Hey, if Chip can give the old gal a little pleasure who am I to interfere?

tickle her pipes, eh?.....he he....he'll have her up on the road here soon....give her a nice drive...
Jon