• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 372
Total: 372

Does anyone have experience with these?

Started by LizStreithorst, March 31, 2015, 09:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

http://www.bugoffscreen.com/

I like to leave doors open.  I have not purchased normal screen doors because the dogs would tear them up in a day.  Instead I get bugs in the house.  I prefer open doors to the lack of bugs in the house :o  Can't help myself.  I'm a country girl.  If these would hold up they would be a great blessing but I'm not interested in throwing away money on something that sounds good but is not good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

One of my clients had one on here back door. Works nicely. I like it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks Ron.  I'll buy one for my front door.  If it holds up to the dogs I'll buy others for my side door and my fish room door.

Ron Sower

My daughter says she liked hers but the large dogs kinda tore them up. She said that she'd replace them about 3x/yr. And she would do it again!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Did she buy this brand?  It's more expensive than the others.  I shall buy one for my front door and see what I think.  I'm not about to spend $40. 3 times a year for 3 doors.   

Ron Sower

I think she said she spent about $20 a set. Probably less sturdy than those guys you're looking at.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I had one last year and it was ok.  It cost me about 20 bucks and I got it from Walmart. Some bugs still got through though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We couldn't have one here....it'd be fine for the girls, but Manny's not an outdoor cat....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Wow!  How did you find this Liz?  It will be perfect for my mom's door, her screen door was removed due to damage and the apt. owners are dragging their feet about putting up new ones for the residents.  This will make her so happy.  Thanks!
Barb

JR

I had one last summer it lasted about a week. Thor went right out it. Not the same brand. I did get it from Sears. I paid 35 for it.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

We had one also....some bugs got in though. We ended up getting heavy duty screens that are supposed to be dog proof.  So far so good.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I finally got around to ordering these.  It was hard for to make myself do because I need 3 and 3 with shipping came to $160.  If they don't last I'll be pissed.  I won't mind if a few bugs get in as long as they keep most of them out.

GeorgeG

Liz add one of the electric bug zappers in the house also. Plug it in an the bugs are attracted to the light and they get electrocuted when the fly in, works great. Keep a pan underneath it to collect the dead bugs.