• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:04:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 231
Total: 232

Bolivian Ram

Started by b125killer, January 04, 2013, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I must be doing something right. I traded a pair of BN's that came from my first ever spawn for a pair of Bolivian Rams. I think that they are male and female but not to sure. The guy I trade them for didn't know what they where and wanted something different. when the settle down and get more color I'll post some pics. And hopefully find out for sure if it's a male and female. I'm not to sure. If it's like telling the sex between German Blues than I'm pretty sure.
When these guys come out of the Q.T. tank will it be ok for them to go in with the German Blues? 
Scott

Rjb3

Pics will help, but the fins are the key. The very top and bottom ray of the male's caudal fin will be longer than the rest. Female's are all the same length. The third ray on the dorsal is also longer on the male.

b125killer

Here are some pics of the Bolivian Rams. some times the positions they are in they look the same others positions they don't.

Scott

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I got a few more Bolivian Rams this weekend I think ones a Male and the other is Female.

I think this is a male

and this is a female

Let me Know if I'm wrong.
Scott

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

What size tank are you going to use to try and spawn them??...Planted?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

There in a 29 right now. I'm goings to leave them in there for now. It doesn't have live plants other than duck weed.
There are some fake plants in there that look real. I also have the L201 plecos in there. Do you think I should rehome them. They are still small maybe 2 inches.
Scott

Mugwump

I would, they would munch on the eggs....when they spawn..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Would it be okay to put the blue rams in with the Bolivians?
Scott

Mugwump

I have ours combined, at the moment...they're doing ok....
Jon

Jdmcfast

I also have some combined  they do fine together
Josh

Mugwump

You realize that you can always move them to a smaller breeding tank and then return them later....
Jon