• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 329
Total: 329

Vietnam Veterans Day 2015‎

Started by Mugwump, March 30, 2015, 10:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

You know, I have been thanked for my service way more in the last couple years than I ever was in the previous 40 years.  Nobody ever used to say such things.  Right?  Thanks to all the other vets here!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on March 31, 2015, 07:50:25 AM
You know, I have been thanked for my service way more in the last couple years than I ever was in the previous 40 years.  Nobody ever used to say such things.  Right?  Thanks to all the other vets here!
Barb

So true Barb.....when I came back from SE Asia...the protesters blocked our bus from the processing center in Oakland......how things have changed...and thanks, Barb... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Liz, which branch and what did you do?

Mugs, same thing...

Those were some sh--ty times in our history. I think some of the difference today is that we're actually fighting this terrorist war here on our own soil this time as well as across the pond. None of us know when an attack is going to happen....or where.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2015, 11:03:59 AM
Liz, which branch and what did you do?

Mugs, same thing...

Those were some sh--ty times in our history. I think some of the difference today is that we're actually fighting this terrorist war here on our own soil this time as well as across the pond. None of us know when an attack is going to happen....or where.

It was Barb, not Liz.....

I was US Army......Infantry/weapons....3rd bn 22nd infantry...4th Division, and 25th Div "Tropic Lightening"....
Jon

Ron Sower

Oops...I had Barb at first and went back and changed it.

Mugs, I'm glad you came back. You have enriched my life. Really.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

That's OK Ron.  I was USAF, 1970-73.  Medical Lab Tech, loved the job.  My husband was my teacher in the microbiology section of my first duty hospital, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery AL.   We got married 7 weeks after our first date, that was over 44 yrs. ago. We were in the Philippines at Clark AFB for two years, and were there when our prisoners from the Hanoi Hilton were finally released and came to Clark for their initial medical care.  John McCain was one of them.  I drew blood samples from lots of the men, it was a very exciting and patriotic time for us all.  I remember when Peter Jennings came into the lab to do a story.  And one pilot who was so scarred from bad burns on his arms that I couldn't draw a blood sample.  Oh what days those were.
Barb

Ron Sower

An interesting romance, Barb. I know you must have been a beautiful sight to those poor boys coming home. I hope others like you today make that same impression on our young fellows and gals coming home. I was 4F and didn't go into service. I'm a fortunate man.

How is hubby doing now?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Ron, nice of you to comment.  Bill has been in a nursing/rehab home for a week.  He is slowly getting stronger.  I hope he will be home by the end of April.  As of now, he can't walk.  Or stand alone.  But he is eating ok, talking and thinking fine, upper body strength is returning.  It is legs and feet that need a lot of help.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on March 31, 2015, 07:10:27 PM
Thanks Ron, nice of you to comment.  Bill has been in a nursing/rehab home for a week.  He is slowly getting stronger.  I hope he will be home by the end of April.  As of now, he can't walk.  Or stand alone.  But he is eating ok, talking and thinking fine, upper body strength is returning.  It is legs and feet that need a lot of help.
Barb

It's good to know that he's starting to feel better, the rest just takes time....
Jon

b125killer

Thank's to all the vets, it is something I'm truly grateful for!
I'm also happy to here your husband is doing better Barb.  ;D 
Scott