• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

3D background

Started by b125killer, March 28, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 12, 2015, 08:50:09 PM
even if it's too powerful the way I have the return it shouldn't be a problem.

that's good then... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Soooooooooooo....how's this going Scott?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I had to put this project on hold. I needed the tank for a Q.T. Tank. one of my discus wasn't eating right. I think he was a little to small to be put in with the bigger guys. He will pick at blood worms but doesn't want anything to do with other food offerings. He looks emaciated, but his poop looks fine.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 27, 2015, 06:25:29 PM
I had to put this project on hold. I needed the tank for a Q.T. Tank. one of my discus wasn't eating right. I think he was a little to small to be put in with the bigger guys. He will pick at blood worms but doesn't want anything to do with other food offerings. He looks emaciated, but his poop looks fine.

Try cutting the blood worms in smaller pieces....will he eat eenie weenie teenie greenie..??...
Jon

b125killer

hopefully he's just being a but head. I can give him more water changes then I can with the big tank. well it's the same just different volumes it the tank lol. once hes nice and fat I'll get him back in to the big tank. I just want to make sure he's just being picked on and not sick. 
Scott

Mugwump

I suppose you'll need a couple new tanks now, with the new discus, etal.......the new discus would look nice with the background wall too, ya know..??
Jon

b125killer

A 3d back ground would look cool with the new discus.  But for now I just want them to be healthy and grow strong like bull. So they get a bare bottom tank with nothing but a sponge  filter and huge daily water changes. I have been thinking of redoing the 155 bow for there Permanent  home. I need to do a fish shuffle.  Before the discus can go in there. A few fish will be finding new homes.
Scott

b125killer

I'm having difficulties keeping the cement where it needs to be. It keeps turning into sand and washes away. I was thinking about using clear Plasti Dip and sealing it. Then i wouldn't have to worry about the ph spike that is going to happen. I was reading that people are using Krylon Fusion. But the company said that it's not aquarium safe. As far as i know Plasti Dip is just plastic.  Other say any thing that is acrylic will work.
Scott

BillT

I have use plasti-dip (and a related product) for things. It has some intense solvents I would have doubts about putting in contact with fish. Additionally, I used to test rubbers and plastics for fish toxicity and found many soft pliable rubber or plastic materials to be toxic to zebrafish embryos.
I am not sure what the problem your dealing is but as an alternative (if flexible or removal is not required) I would suggest using some epoxy. Large amounts of epoxy can be gotten from a fiberglass supplier. People use this stuff all the time to make fish tanks.

b125killer

When i was building r.c. planes i would mix 30 min epoxy with denatured alcohol and paint it on fiberglass. Do you think something like that would work?
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm impressed, too.  that was a lot of work and the sand waterfall is way cool.  I watched the video that you linked to and I needed to watch a bunch more.  The guy is  good  I had to watch a bunch more of his videos.  In several he had band aids all over his fingers like he'd almost cut them off and was wearing a wrist brace.  I wonder what he did.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

King of diy(UrauJoey) he has a lot of diy videos on youtube.  He is good at what he does. I also know that he cut his hand bad when a sheet of glass he was cutting broke. He's making a 300 gallon plywood aquarium now. I haven't seen them videos yet. But I did watch someone making a plywood tank before.
Scott

b125killer

I got the background urethaned. There we're some thin spots of cement and the urethane eat the Styrofoam a little. If I panted it up no one will notice. It will look like part of the "rock". It needs a few more coats anyway. 
I'm going to drain the tank and get that ready tomorrow.  My new plants haven't been shipped yet. Not sure what the hold up is. By the time i get them the tank will be ready. Should have it running soon. I'm still going to get things set up and running, then test the water make sure nothing is funny with it before I put fish in it. I have a few left over cull fish that will work nicely for test subjects.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 26, 2015, 04:10:23 PM
I got the background urethaned. There we're some thin spots of cement and the urethane eat the Styrofoam a little. If I panted it up no one will notice. It will look like part of the "rock". It needs a few more coats anyway. 
I'm going to drain the tank and get that ready tomorrow.  My new plants haven't been shipped yet. Not sure what the hold up is. By the time i get them the tank will be ready. Should have it running soon. I'm still going to get things set up and running, then test the water make sure nothing is funny with it before I put fish in it. I have a few left over cull fish that will work nicely for test subjects.

....progress is a good thing  8)   'git 'er done'..................
Jon