• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:40:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

Looking for a new roof....

Started by Mugwump, March 26, 2015, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....daggone things aren't cheap.............yikes !!!!!!!! but it's time....it doesn't leak, but I'm not sure that I'd walk on it anymore......the years, and storms have taken their toll on the old top structure...gutters too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ugh, the roof.  It's one of the main jobs the carpenter will do when he comes in a month or so.  My house is only 7 years old and the roof is tin.  But the guys who put it on put the laps in the wrong direction so that if there is a huge rain and big blow water gets forced underneath.  Took me forever to figure out why I was getting leaks (always on the half of the house that faces the prevailing wind).  Fortunatly, they make a product, a tape, designed to fix this instiluation mistake.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I've done a few roofs, it's a lot of work. I wouldn't want to make a living do it.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I've done that work too.  Glad I'm too old for it now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Done a few myself.......but now......LOL....I'd need a nap between squares...LOL...........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Just did mine last july. Had to get the shingles for high winds out here in the country. Man those were not cheap

Ron Sower

I worked for a roofer during high school years. Ugh...I was the guy who had to carry the shingle bundles up to the roof. Probably part of my back issues now.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron