• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Corydoras Question.

Started by b125killer, March 23, 2015, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

What cories can handle the higher heat of a discus tank? Captain Bob told me before but i can only remember the sterbai. I have a few Reticulatus i would like to put in there if they can handle the heat.

Scott

LizStreithorst

Ive only used Sterbai.  I got mine from a guy on Aqaubid.  They are healthy and active.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 23, 2015, 06:05:42 PM
What cories can handle the higher heat of a discus tank? Captain Bob told me before but i can only remember the sterbai. I have a few Reticulatus i would like to put in there if they can handle the heat.

I'd say no go....they prefer temps between 72-79 deg's..per

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Corydoras_reticulatus
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

There's a few people selling Sterbai on Aquabid. I think there was someone in Chicago that was breeding them too. Just can remember who.
I wasn't sure about the reticulatus I figured i would ask before i cooked the little guys. I already know the other cories i have wouldn't handle the heat.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I don't remember the user name of the guy I bought my Sterbais from but he had acutions offering several hundred for sale.  I bought his auction for 10.

b125killer

Having several hundred would be awesome but i don't have the space for them.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishc&1427906565

Scott

LizStreithorst

lol  I thought the same.  If he doesn't have an auction for 10, send him a question on the 200 auction and tell him that you only want 10.  The guy obviously likes to sell in bulk.  I doubt that fewer than 10 would be worth his trouble.  The fish are good and healthy.  I recommend him highly.

Rjb3

I kept Brochis splendens in my Discus tank.

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 23, 2015, 06:46:59 PM
Having several hundred would be awesome but i don't have the space for them.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishc&1427906565

The auction is pick up only.....otherwise, I'd say hey Scott....let's split and resell at the swaps... ;D....his price reflects about $1.50 ea......they sell for triple that up here.... ;D...or even you, me, and Bob......buy a double lot.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I've also kept seussei and adolfoi at higher temps. Adolfoi are available here and there, but good luck finding seussei.

LizStreithorst

He'll ship 10.  He posted an auction for 10 that I bought so I know.  Ask him.  Mention my name if you like.  I left his good feedback.

LizStreithorst

Look at this...10 adult breeding age Sterbai from my man for $40.  When I got mine he only had juvies.  I don't need these, but if someone doesn't buy them, I will. it's a hell of a deal.  $40 plus $20 shipping.   http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishc&1427663404

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

Scott