• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Thank You Jon

Started by PaulineMi, March 20, 2015, 05:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Sharing what was going on around here this morning.   ;D

I made a trip to the post office...brought this home:

The heat pack temp

The bags' temps

The first bag...I love it when I go "WOW" when first seeing the contents

The second bag...another "WOW"
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

Floating the bags. Michigan State Basketball kept me occupied while waiting for the temps to match. MSU won. ;D

Here is AWESOMENESS!!!

More....

And even more. I've always wanted a blue marble. I love this fish

The awesomeness continues

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Still more awesomeness. This is a very lovely blue marble paraiba. A special angel. The white blotches actually look like stainless steel

The group except for the one that was kind of shy

A not so good picture of the shy guy. He's very, very pretty

PaulineMi

Thanks Jon for sending these lovely angels to me. I love them. I'll be sure to post updates as they settle in and color up.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

You're welcome. I'm glad that you like them. They should color up more as they settle in too.

Thanks for showing the HP temp, and bag temp. There was. also, another HP in the bottom under the styrofoam container....heating the box underside the container, as well as the container has worked well for me when I've shipped in colder weather. I simply add HP's for the extreme low temps...a la box in a box...the packing insulation material is eco-friendly too..... ;D     

One of the other boxes that I sent arrived safely with L144's....however, the third box is set to hit Ellisville tomorrow for Liz. I hate waiting........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Here's an update on these pretty angels. They're settling in nicely and the little piglets know I'm their source of food now.

Mugwump

They all have fat little bellies too... ;D.... Looking very good Pauline, their colors are popping now...I really like the PB blue marble paraiba's, but those blue leopards turn me on....... ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The blue leopard is a real looker. It's the smallest one in the group but definitely catches the eye. That leopard pattern is quite nice.  :)

BTW....the only blue wall in the tank is the one on the far end of the tank.   ;)

wsantia1

Those are some sweet looking little Angels. As always those are some great pictures Pauline but I think those guys can even make my pictures look good. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I like number 3 best and number 4 second best. What is the lighter colored one in the second pic called?  I have one with similar  coloring.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2015, 04:09:49 PM
I like number 3 best and number 4 second best. What is the lighter colored one in the second pic called?  I have one with similar  coloring.

2nd pic....blue smokey veil....likely to be the bluest at maturity...???....
Jon

PaulineMi

The blue smokey veil, second picture, was difficult to photograph which is why his dorsal isn't shown at its best. He kept charging around trying to find food.

Jon is Liz's favorite a wifi?  I normally don't like wifis due to their propensity to keep the dorsal closed down and/or having a kink in the fin. I don't see that in this fish...it's actually a lovely fin.

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 24, 2015, 04:01:32 PM
Those are some sweet looking little Angels. As always those are some great pictures Pauline but I think those guys can even make my pictures look good. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Willie. Jon sure can pick nice ones out for us can't he. Of course it's due to his breeding nice ones in the first place.  ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 24, 2015, 04:43:17 PM
The blue smokey veil, second picture, was difficult to photograph which is why his dorsal isn't shown at its best. He kept charging around trying to find food.

Jon is Liz's favorite a wifi?  I normally don't like wifis due to their propensity to keep the dorsal closed down and/or having a kink in the fin. I don't see that in this fish...it's actually a lovely fin.

Yes, but it is more an almost wifi....the dorsal fin is not as complete back towards the caudal fin as some get, nor complete on the anal fin to caudal .....that 'sail' fin will keep anything from collapsing... ;D
Jon