• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:46:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

We finally saw a ...

Started by Mugwump, March 15, 2015, 08:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Robin this morning....spring can't be far... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Seems we never tire of seeing the first snowfall of the winter and the first robin in the spring.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 15, 2015, 08:36:09 AM
Seems we never tire of seeing the first snowfall of the winter and the first robin in the spring.

I think you're right..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

We have them year round here.  They eat the berries from the trees during the winter but now that it's warmed up they're finding worms.  The humming birds are the ones I wait for.  It won't be long...gonna fill my feeders today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

sschind

The only thing snow is good for is how happy it makes us when the damn stuff finally melts.  I'm not 12 anymore, you can keep your first snowfall.

And don't get me started on those robins. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on March 17, 2015, 01:28:46 PM

The only thing snow is good for is how happy it makes us when the damn stuff finally melts.  I'm not 12 anymore, you can keep your first snowfall.

Well gee whiz...........who stole your little red wagon ???....
Jon

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2015, 01:54:17 PM

It wasn't what they did to my wagon it was what they did in my cheerios.  That's all I'm going to say about that.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on March 17, 2015, 03:47:41 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2015, 01:54:17 PM

It wasn't what they did to my wagon it was what they did in my cheerios.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

...just think of them as raisins..... ;D........................coming down for the swap??
Jon

wsantia1

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I knew it wouldn't be long.  I just saw my first hummer.  A little male ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 22, 2015, 05:09:02 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long.  I just saw my first hummer.  A little male ;D

What do you feed them?....do you have the hanging feeders?....humming birds are so nice to have around.. ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have 3 hanging feeders with sugar water.  They like many of my flowers later in the year.  I understand that they eat a lot of tiny flying insects, too.

Ron Sower

Anna's Hummingbirds stay here through the year. We have about 2-3 feeders out for them all the time. Sometimes they're empty and they'll be going by and fussing at us!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I remember when I was living in my old Katrina demolished house.  The first year I put up feeders I was inundated with the a huge swarm of the little things.  I was filling feeders all the time.  When I sat out on the deck their was this constant zoom zoom zoom of hummers at the feeders.  It was too cool.   Strangely, they were all females.  I've never had that since.  I always have a reasonable number of them.  I only have to fill my feeders once a week and they are a mix of males and females.