• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 02:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Milwaukee Swap..

Started by Mugwump, January 01, 2013, 05:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I'm going and I'm going with a variety in angels.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Storm

Wish I could get up there to meet/swap you guys!

I am looking for some expressing Half Blacks in std and veil. Probably won't get a chance until Chicago though.

Storm

Frank The Plumber

Jon, what became of those Het for everything fish? Most of the ones I have developed black tails.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Some have the black tails, some don't...they're getting decent size now...they grow in spurts...eat like pigs...
Are you taking any LF blue eyed Albino plecos up there??..I may want some....??..our std Blue eyed albinos are just now spawning a bit....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I have albino ancistrus, SF albino blue eyed L144's and LF albino blue eyed L 144's. They are about 1 1/2". Ancistrus and L144's are not the same. Ancistrus are bigger and pretty ugly in their beautiful way. Which would you like or would you like some of all 3. ;D Are you going to Milwaukee? I will bring some if you are.

Mugwump

What I'm looking foe is the long finned Albino blue eyed bristlenose L144's......these are classified as anicitrus too, I believe....yep....and are said to be in the 100mm range in length( 3.9")....the other's are bigger??????
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I have the blue eyes you are looking for. I also have what has been described as albino ancistrus. A red eyed slightly larger more aggressive semi onivorous pleco type. The L144's tend to not have large cats paws, these guy have huge cat paws.  This type may be described by another number now. There is a difference but I'm not sure everyone is recognizing it and may be producing hybrids. On planet catfish they show one of these as an L144.  The L144's are relatively gentle, need more pant matter and are a prettier and softer looking fish.

b125killer

What do you mean by cat paws?
Are you going to sell at the swap Jon? I'm thinking of going. I need to get more food from Captain Bob.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 05, 2013, 09:22:39 PM
Are you going to sell at the swap Jon? I'm thinking of going. I need to get more food from Captain Bob.

No, We don't have a table. We're just going up and check it out..hang for a bit and scoot back home. Do you want to go with us?..
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Quote from: b125killer on January 05, 2013, 09:22:39 PM

The barbs on the sides of their faces that hook them into the caves etc are refered to as cat paws. They are sharp and extend to look just like one. The big albino ancistrus have them and they look like tigers claws. I'll make a thread describing them plecs I have or add to another one.

Let me know what you would like Jon. Last GCCA swap I put out 6 bags of 4 at $20 each and at 9:45 I had them all sold and gone. These two young guys went out and had a fight in the thunder dome over the last bag I think. I'd have to hide some for you.

Mugwump

Hopefully we'll be there by opening bell... ;D..I'm only looking for one bag, 4 is perfect....mix some sexes in there, if you can?????...
Jon

b125killer

I thought the darbs where for show. I didn't know they used them.
Yea Jon I'll go up with you guys. It's always fun hanging around with you two. What time are you planning on leaving?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 06, 2013, 11:26:59 AM
I thought the darbs where for show. I didn't know they used them.
Yea Jon I'll go up with you guys. It's always fun hanging around with you two. What time are you planning on leaving?

Who knows??...LOL..we'll likely go up 39 and pick up 43, etc....we can pick you up on the way...??you're on Artesian, right????We'll talk before then...for sure..
Jon

b125killer

I'm off Alpine close to 20. It gives you a good reason to come check out my fish. we'll talk later and I'll give you the directions.
Scott