• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 313
Total: 314

shipped (5) boxes today....

Started by Mugwump, March 07, 2015, 12:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

QuoteMy lone remaining box is still in limbo somewhere between Dekalb and Elk Grove village

YIKES.........Since Saturday????

Its a damn wonder how our BILLS still seem to make it to our houses on time. >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 11, 2015, 02:28:47 PM
QuoteMy lone remaining box is still in limbo somewhere between Dekalb and Elk Grove village

YIKES.........Since Saturday????

Its a damn wonder how our BILLS still seem to make it to our houses on time. >:(

I know.....this is the box that the postmaster told me was hung up because of the weather out east, because it was going to Virginia....and then I calmly asked how east coast conditions affected a short trip to Elk Grove Village....he persisted with the same reply junk....and then I kinda lost it on him..... ;D......freak'n idiot....even my carrier said he's stupid....oy vey....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

One of my two boxes made it to Ellisville shortly after noon.  It took 2 days rather than 3 as expected.  The lovely ladies at the post office called me at work to let me know that it was in.  Fish are in their tank now and swimming happily :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Box #5....the 'Marco Polo' shipment arrived late yesterday afternoon....all fish alive and kick'n.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ain't that sumthin'  You have some tough fish.  Congrats.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

That's good news Jon.  Whew.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 13, 2015, 08:20:44 AM
That's good news Jon.  Whew.  :)
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 13, 2015, 07:07:12 AM
Ain't that sumthin'  You have some tough fish.  Congrats.

Yes is was good news to me....I worry about my little folks when they go a traveling.

All said, we gripe about the PO...but with the volume that they handle it amazes me that it works as well as it always does.....you don't here about all the successful shipments, just the ones that go wrong....dollar/pound....it's still the best value for the buck....

by the by, I took our local counter guy, Joe, a bag of the Jap blues, and a couple snots for his tank yesterday.....gratis.....he was tickled pink, and started showing them to the ladies next in line, then his coworkers as the passed through for a sec.....made me almost smile bigger than his smile.....almost... ;D
Jon