• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

shipped (5) boxes today....

Started by Mugwump, March 07, 2015, 12:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I was afraid their might be a problem when you stopped giving updates yesterday.  Fingers crossed for box number 5.
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

One of the boxes I sent out yesterday went Priority Express to Minnesota ( I hope).....with a "Guaranteed delivery by Noon 3/10"

After emailing with the buyer who says he was there all day waiting ............  >:( >:( :( :o :'( :-\ ............ and a BIG OLE WTF.

Anybody ever have to and DID get a shipping refund from the PO?

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 10, 2015, 03:41:36 PM
One of the boxes I sent out yesterday went Priority Express to Minnesota ( I hope).....with a "Guaranteed delivery by Noon 3/10"

After emailing with the buyer who says he was there all day waiting ............  >:( >:( :( :o :'( :-\ ............ and a BIG OLE WTF.

Anybody ever have to and DID get a shipping refund from the PO?

They'll tell you that two day is not guaranteed....betcha....I have our Postmaster looking for mine....it never even made it from Dekalb to Elk Grove sorting.....it shows leaving Dekalb but not going the 15 miles to sorting....wtf is right....I won't describe my response to his attitude, plus trying to tell me because it was going east...it was their weather.....ok fine, bad weather 1000 miles away effects a 15 min drive here.....it was something like 'bite me', sir....try that again on an idiot...then....well never mind......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Them post office folks are not to smart. I was setting out front and he drove by my house 3 times before he stopped.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 10, 2015, 05:40:24 PM
Them post office folks are not to smart. I was setting out front and he drove by my house 3 times before he stopped.

Our carrier is a good guy....he laughed at the story and said "yep, that's him"....the regular guy that I deal with at the counter just stared in disbelief at him when he was doing his spiel.....LOL...I'll be back filing my claim in a day or so.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I adore my post office ladies.  They always do more for me than they have to.  Even today when I spoke to a lady I'd never seen.  My local boonie people are great, too.  They deliver large boxes to my door because they think they might contain live fish.  One mail lady, a Chinese lady, even braved the barking dogs because she wanted to see my fish and fish room.  How cool is that?
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

QuoteThey'll tell you that two day is not guaranteed....betcha...

I hope to hell not......delivery was "sold" and purchased as GUARANTEED OVERNIGHT  by noon delivery........for the measely sum of $78 to move  a box just 400 miles. >:(

Rjb3

I sent a Priority package to Belgium not long ago. It got there in 8 days. That's a record.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 10, 2015, 06:40:00 PM
QuoteThey'll tell you that two day is not guaranteed....betcha...

I hope to hell not......delivery was "sold" and purchased as GUARANTEED OVERNIGHT  by noon delivery........for the measely sum of $78 to move  a box just 400 miles. >:(

I hear ya......lots a $$$'s for naught....

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/12972086/
Jon

EdKaz

Quote] hear ya......lots a $$$'s for naught....

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/12972086/

Cut off time to get it to the PO was 4:30.....My receipt was stamped 3:16
Did check online and again with the counter guy.........to THIS destination it was guaranteed to get there in ONE day....by noon.............also states so on BOTH receipts I got from them.

Tracking shows it "departed (local PO) at 4:31 yesterday...........than fell off the face of the planet >:(

Hoping the guy at the local PO has access to more info than they make available online.

JC

I had to file a claim for one of my overnight packages through usps. It was easy and they didn't hassle me at all. I'm in the process of getting a refund for the fish now which is a little harder to do and requires photos and what not

Mugwump

I, at least, hope they surprise us both and the fish show up, and are delivered ok.....getting shipping $$$'s back is a secondary point....as Josh says, that should be the easy part, getting a refund on shipping costs....??
Jon

EdKaz

QuoteI, at least, hope they surprise us both and the fish show up, and are delivered ok.

Im losing faith by the minute...............as far as actually showing up anytime soon.

USPS updated their tracking on the Overnight package I sent to Minnesota Monday.

It  Says it left my PO at 4:31pm Monday........and FINALLY yet  for reasons unknown.....popped up in PEORIA ( some 70 miles SOUTH of me) at 8:36PM Yesterday (Tues).  ??? ???

Quotegetting shipping $$$'s back is a secondary point....as Josh says, that should be the easy part, getting a refund on shipping costs

Meanwhile the fella that bought the fish, will be taking a SECOND day off work today....  hoping the fish show today :(
Recovering the nearly $80 in wasted shipping fees FOR HIM..... might ease the senseless (and costly) waste of his day yesterday.

EdKaz

Box to Minnesota did make it...... 10 minutes ago....... Buyer says the 5 adult fish were stressed...... but ALIVE!!!

Meanwhile of the two boxes I sent to Liz at the same time.....only one has made it to her PO.....so far. The other one must have gotten tossed into the slow truck ::)

Mugwump

My lone remaining box is still in limbo somewhere between Dekalb and Elk Grove village....I'll reship another to the gal.....my other box sent after those, has arrived safely in Massachusetts....
Jon