• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Barb

Started by LizStreithorst, March 03, 2015, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

So good to hear all of our prayers were answered. Will continue to send the positive thoughts Bill and Barb's way as they still have a rough road ahead. And thanks again for the update Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EdKaz

Thanks for the "good news" update Liz..........
Hoping and praying Bills recovery is quick and with minimal pain.

LizStreithorst

What I think is that if a human being wants to live everything should be done.  If a person has had enough he or she should be allowed to go.  I told you as much, JR.  Bill wants to live.  If he gets on narcotics he might be able to live more comfortably.  Marijuana might help him with his pain.  It certainly wouldn't hurt, but the medical stuff is not legal in NC.  These supid laws....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Update, almost 24 hrs. since surgery.  He is in a lot of pain but has a morphine pump he can self administer it.  He is smiling and talking a bit, and eating some oatmeal right now.  We don't know how long until he can go home, maybe a few days.  Just depends on several things.  We thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they worked!  He will have a 6-8 week recovery to make sure the mesh is all set well, Dr. said when it is all healed it will be stronger than his original healthy muscles, etc. 
The surgery was done robotically!  All very high tech stuff.
Barb

Mugwump

Say "hi" for us, Barb.

How soon before they try to get him up?  They usually want you moving around some before going home, etc. Robotics has come such a long way in really a short time. Amazing stuff.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Encouraging update Barb. Looking forward to hearing reports of you and Bill sitting together in the new house sun room enjoying the lovely yard and pond.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks for the update Barb.  Great to hear all went very well.  Take a deep breath and try to relax, you must be one stressed out lady with the move and the surgery and the bad weather.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that it all went well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good news! Thanks Barb!
And thanks to you too, Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

That is good news, Barb.

Ask the doctor about Dilaudid. For my kidney stone pain it worked way better than Morphine.

ilroost

So glad to hear the good news. Still praying

Barb

Things not going well at all.  Bill was put in ICU last night, he has pneumonia, is on a breathing machine, lots of tubes, etc.   They say he has a chance, is getting the best of high tech care.  My children are here, we all hope for an eventual return to health.  Please continue thoughts and prayers.  Thanks,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Serious good thoughts to him and you!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...good thoughts and prayers for a healthy recovery...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson